Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of these forgot champion was the best?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
    ****ing Fruit cake. jajajaj!!!!!!!! lol!!!!!!! jajajajjaja!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Dick Tiger gets my vote.

Comment

I voted Zaragoza.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
          Where the hell are the options? You say which of "these" forgotten champs was the best. I'm waiting for options. Or do I just pick a Champion whom I thought was very good that people have forgotten about?
          Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
          Dick Tiger gets my vote.
          You never even hear that guy get a mention, was a two weight world champion when there was only one champion

Comment

Originally posted by cotto16 View Post
            You never even hear that guy get a mention, was a two weight world champion when there was only one champion
            Precisely why I voted for him. The last time I heard Dick Tiger's name mentioned was by Bert Sugar, months ago on Friday Night Fights. And he never gets mentioned around here, ever. Though that probably has something to do with this board having a bunch of people on it who really don't know their history.

Age or ignorance is no excuse. I'm only 23 and I've known about Tiger for at least 8 years. All you have to do is show a little intrest and brush up on some history.

The "Boxing History" forum here is great for that as well. I go in there all the time and read stuff I didn't know about before.

Comment

1. Ricardo Lopez, if you forgot about him, you only watch The Contender.
              2. Dick Tiger, see above. The guy was the man. His drawback was his unassuming personality.
              3. Michael Nunn, the guy was a big underachiever. I hear he's in jail.
              4. Lou Ambers, all I know about him is that he gave Henry Armstrong the fight of his life.
              5. Don Curry, the Cobra was a badass, he should charge his chin with treason.
              6. Virgil Hill, his style makes him forgettable.
              7. Julio Cesar Vasquez, he really was one of the greatest 154 pounders of all-time, unfortunately 154 isn't a glamour division and he didn't fight in America.
              8. Esteban De Jesus, he gave Duran some hellacious fights.
              9. Zaragosa, I guess.
              10. The most famous thing Buchannan did was get hit in the nuts.

Comment

Damn I didn't even see Ricardo Lopez in the poll. I'm not sure who I'd pick, him or Tiger. I'd have to edge Lopez I think.

Comment

Originally posted by El Pollo Malo View Post
                  1. Ricardo Lopez, if you forgot about him, you only watch The Contender.
                  2. Dick Tiger, see above. The guy was the man. His drawback was his unassuming personality.
                  3. Michael Nunn, the guy was a big underachiever. I hear he's in jail.
                  4. Lou Ambers, all I know about him is that he gave Henry Armstrong the fight of his life.
                  5. Don Curry, the Cobra was a badass, he should charge his chin with treason.
                  6. Virgil Hill, his style makes him forgettable.
                  7. Julio Cesar Vasquez, he really was one of the greatest 154 pounders of all-time, unfortunately 154 isn't a glamour division and he didn't fight in America.
                  8. Esteban De Jesus, he gave Duran some hellacious fights.
                  9. Zaragosa, I guess.
                  10. The most famous thing Buchannan did was get hit in the nuts.
                  People need to rember what a great champ buchannan was duran would never give him a return, he also beat some great fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by cotto16 View Post
                    People need to rember what a great champ buchannan was duran would never give him a return, he also beat some great fighters.
                    History does not give Buchannan nearly enough credit for what he did in the Duran fight. I know that people on this side of the ocean only remember him for getting clobbered in the nuts.

Unfortunately, it appears to be the same thing in GB as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X