Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop the ROBBERY bull****. The Fightwriter has spoken.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danc1984 View Post
    It is true. There are bad decisions everywhere.

I just think there is downright corruption in parts of Europe. Again, refer to the Green-Beyer fight in Germany. The referee was clearly paid off in that fight. That **** don't happen in the UK or the States.
    Dan I know I said this before bro, but where was that fight you keep referring to?

Germany. What event was this Valuev bout allbeit in another location? German.

Most of them are German dude, seriously.

Germany makes up only 10% of Europe's 50 countries.

In terms of not having title fights 'there' as in most European countries - that's a profound over statement and exaggeration, of what is mostly on a problem existing in a few countries of a region.
    Last edited by Kris Silver; 12-21-2008, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
      A more logical step would be for sanctioning bodies to do a better job of selecting judges.

When Toney got a decision last week that almost everyone disagreed with, there was none of this 'no more fights in the US' stuff.
      but now that actually was a close fight

valuev-holyfield wasnt a close fight

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
        Dan I know I said this before bro, but where was that fight you keep referring to?

Germany has a population of 82 million, that's only just over say 10% of Europes 50 countries 731 million.

In terms of not having title fights 'there', that's a profound over statement and exaggeration, of what is mostly on a problem existing in a few countries of a region.
        ROFL. Perhaps Kris.

Ok, no title fights in Germany. Is that acceptable?

Comment

ROFL. Perhaps Kris.

LOL, I edited my post, but yes I guess that's at least more accurate in terms of where the problem is.

Now, stopping title fights is still a pretty major major thing to happen, and wouldn't. It's far more likely organisations would just be forced to change their selections of judges, be more accountable, investigate controversies like this, modify rules and such. Even then there are controversial decisions all over the world, with judges from all over under the same organisations, so it's a wider thing to tackle, the WBA is a world wide organisation after all.

Not saying I don't want to tackle it cos of course god we all do, but even then it's not as simple as saying stop title fights for an entire country.

Suspend the judges until further investigation, with likely sacking, YES!

That'll quickly start to filter out dubious judges and send a strong message to others.

This is how most industries and professions work, and often well enough.
          Last edited by Kris Silver; 12-21-2008, 07:08 PM.

Comment

This is why you're from Europe and should'nt be able to score fights.

Comment

What happens in Germany, stays in Germany LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by BatTheMan View Post
                I suppose the places that staged Spinks-HolmesII, Whitaker-Chavez, Foreman-Schulz, DLH-Sturm etc. should also be wiped off the boxing map?

Get real Danc. You're better than that.
                I agree with you. It was an absolute farce of a fight to begin with, staged in a boxing backwater, with the novelty value of featuring the largest heavyweight champ and the oldest heavyweight challenger, neither of whom has much to offer.

As for the fight itself, I don't really see what all the fuss is about. It was a stinker, so piss poor and lacking in quality that either man could have pinched it and not deserved to. In my book a losing fighter has to do a lot more than throw six punches a round before he can complain about being robbed. As you said earlier, a draw would have been reasonable.

Holyfield is already deluded and punchy, and the last thing he and boxing overall needs is everyone telling him he pitched a shut-out and got jobbed. I bet Holyfield-Valuev II is already in the pipeline.

Comment

Originally posted by BatTheMan View Post
                  How many of those viewed it on a stream or with yank commentators who got it totally wrong (compared to the officials)?
                  oh yea, the 'biased yank commentary' made that big a difference. without that commentary, the 95%+ people that voted for Holyfield would have completely changed their mind, and we all would be saying that the fight was close and could have gone either way. give me a break.

and I watched the fight in another language anyway.

Tell me people, was the commentary really that biased?

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post

Germany makes up only 10% of Europe's 50 countries.

In terms of not having title fights 'there' as in most European countries - that's a profound over statement and exaggeration, of what is mostly on a problem existing in a few countries of a region.
                    ROFL. Perhaps Kris.

Sorry to dissapoint you guys, but the fight was in Switzerland.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
                      oh yea, the 'biased yank commentary' made that big a difference. without that commentary, the 95%+ people that voted for Holyfield would have completely changed their mind, and we all would be saying that the fight was close and could have gone either way. give me a break.

and I watched the fight in another language anyway.

Tell me people, was the commentary really that biased?
                      Didnt Bernstein have a near shut-out for Holyfield?

Comment

Working...
                      X