No announcement yet.

Vitali's place in the history books?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VirusTI View Post
    If the nutthuggers lay off his nuts and stop saying ****** **** like "He is the greatest HW evaaaa!!!!!" and some of the hater stop saying "Bitchko" then mabye after all is said and done. 15-25 best HW nothing better then that, unless some crazy ass competion starts heading his way and he beats them all then maybe higher.
    Always under Lewis though
    If Tyson is considered great and marciano(both did very little in terms of resume) then maybe Klitschko can be high. Who knows, he has to get by Haye first.

P.S. Stop saying haye is a nobody and stop calling him "gaymaker", you are only making the opposition's argument better if Klitschko wins and they say Haye was a bum.
    Dont confuse my avatar picture with the other members of this forum. I had this avatar since I joined in 04, and lately I have been seeing many of imitations.

Differentiate between the names, because I know its easy to get confused by someones avatar, afterall that is what represents us.

In the case of Vitali, there is no nuthugging on my part, I am a realist. And am very glad that the fight with Haye is happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
      Dont confuse my avatar picture with the other members of this forum. I had this avatar since I joined in 04, and lately I have been seeing many of imitations.

Differentiate between the names, because I know its easy to get confused by someones avatar, afterall that is what represents us.

In the case of Vitali, there is no nuthugging on my part, I am a realist. And am very glad that the fight with Haye is happening.
      This fight presents V with a great chance to add a very credible name to his resume. I do not understand why Wladimir did not take thisfight, unless Vitali called rank on him.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhfalvor View Post
        Ya know, as inactive as he's been, and even Wlad accomplishing so much more title wise, comparing resumes I think Vitali's is better based on competition.
        ????besides lennox i dont see your point

Comment

I whatched the Lennox fight monday at work. Vitali wasn't just walking all over him but was deff landing more and harder shots. Higher connect percentage ergo getting the better of him. If it wasn't for the cut over VK's eye I think he was well on his way to a huge margin ud or a late round ko. Even after the fight Jim stated and the other commentators agreed and I quote( It is safe to say Lennox came away with the belt but Vitali came away with the fight). Now that being said it was a bad cut and was probably for the best but IMO wasn't effecting him enough to cause him to be loosing the fight.I guess what i'm trying to say is I think that's one L that should deff show W and would make his resume look oh so much better. Under circumstances like that I just don't think it should be listed as a tko it just doesn't make sense to me.
          Last edited by Brute Allmighty; 12-16-2008, 11:37 PM.

Comment

VK ain't done near enuf to be listed amongst great HW's yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Allmighty View Post
              I whatched the Lennox fight monday at work. Vitali wasn't just walking all over him but was deff landing more and harder shots. Higher connect percentage ergo getting the better of him. If it wasn't for the cut over VK's eye I think he was well on his way to a huge margin ud or a late round ko. Even after the fight Jim stated and the other commentators agreed and I quote( It is safe to say Lennox came away with the belt but Vitali came away with the fight). Now that being said it was a bad cut and was probably for the best but IMO wasn't effecting him enough to cause him to be loosing the fight.I guess what i'm trying to say is I think that's one L that should deff show W and would make his resume look oh so much better. Under circumstances like that I just don't think it should be listed as a tko it just doesn't make sense to me.
              Rules are rules, a NC would probably have been the most satisfying option in the scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
                VK ain't done near enuf to be listed amongst great HW's yet.
                If you were a boxing writer, what would you say about Vitali, where would you place him in the history books?

Comment

Originally posted by larryx View Post
                  ????besides lennox i dont see your point
                  Well Lennox alone nearly dwarfs Wlad's entire resume IMO haha. But I mean, Sam Peter was one of Wlad's best wins and Vitali beat him more impressively.

Lewis
                  Corrie Sanders(who KO'd Wlad)
                  Chris Byrd
                  Sam Peter
                  Herbie Hide

Byrd
                  Brewster
                  Peter
                  Brock
                  Ibragimov

I mean, Lewis *****s anyone on either list, but considering how much more active Wlad is, the resume's aren't that far apart.

Comment

I would say that even though Vitali was inactive, and did not hold a title for the latter part of his career he was still the legitamate heir to Lennox's crown.

Wladamir has shown no initiative whatsoever to unify the titles, I believe if Vitali hadnt gotten injured he wouldve been undisputed champ by now and would have gone down in history along with the rest of the ATGs.

Comment

Originally posted by Soir View Post
                      I would say that even though Vitali was inactive, and did not hold a title for the latter part of his career he was still the legitamate heir to Lennox's crown.

Wladamir has shown no initiative whatsoever to unify the titles, I believe if Vitali hadnt gotten injured he wouldve been undisputed champ by now and would have gone down in history along with the rest of the ATGs.
                      Wladimir already unified the IBF/WBO and is pursuing Valuev for the WBA. If anyone it is trying to unify it is Wladimir not Vitali. Vitali is in there for a fight or two, he is not in there to build a legacy like Wladimir.

Comment

Working...
                      X