Nobody can speak for what's "good for boxing"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TURKOGLU View Post
    Suck ****, scum skin.

It's easier for a Great American fighter to capture World recognition than it is for a Great German fighter.

Why? Because there's been so many other Great American fighters before him.
    So it's always best that things stay the same?

Comment

Originally posted by insipiens View Post
      Was Tyson "good for boxing?" Some assume 'yes', some think more carefully and say 'no'. I think most carefully and dismiss the question and misstated.
      you dismiss the question? tyson has like 8 of the top 10 highest selling pay-per-views of all-time. you know what that means? he attracted people to boxing such as myself. without tyson, I don't know if I would have even been a boxing fan.

Comment

good article..........

Comment

And why do supposedly hardcore boxing fans want boxers to "capture the world's imagination."

In some respects boxing is best as a cult phenomenon.

Comment

You gotta understand the psychology of this ****, you fuсking coward.

Fights and fighters that can get the attention of people who aren't fight fans turn them into fans.

Anytime you can make a fan out of someone who never before gave a **** about boxing...

...IT'S GOOD FOR BOXING.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
              you dismiss the question? tyson has like 8 of the top 10 highest selling pay-per-views of all-time. you know what that means? he attracted people to boxing such as myself. without tyson, I don't know if I would have even been a boxing fan.
              If you assume, which I don't, that PPVs with more sales are "good for boxing," then the Tyson question still is not answered. Tyson also made boxing disreputable among mainstream media and respectable Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by TURKOGLU View Post
                You gotta understand the psychology of this ****, you fuсking coward.

Fights and fighters that can get the attention of people who aren't fight fans turn them into fans.

Anytime you can make a fan out of someone who never before gave a **** about boxing...

...IT'S GOOD FOR BOXING.
                Is it good for boxing that the illiterates on this site troll about Paul Williams or David Haye?

Comment

So it's always best that things stay the same?
                  Please die in fire, you fuсking sinner.

I'm not saying **** should always stay the same.
                  All I'm saying is that, **** is alot easier when you keep it the same.

Comment

Is it good for boxing that the illiterates on this site troll about Paul Williams or David Haye?
                    People on fuсking boxing forums don't have an effect on boxing as much as the actual fights.

Take Super_Lightweight for example.
                    The dude fuсking stopped watching boxing because Roy Jones Jr. got destroyed and he's shot.

Comment

Answer me, you little coward.

You little *****.

Comment

Working...
                      X