No announcement yet.

Adamek Beats Cunningham, Claims IBF Title in a Classic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EnderTKD View Post
    it was 115-110 for Adamek. you live in cloud cuckoo land homie, Adamek was better. You cant win the tittle bout being 3 times on the floor and not KO your oponent. and some rounds were dead even. So you give even rounds to Cunningham? Ridiculous! . But he didnt nothin in this figth, just run across the ring and was knockdowned 3 times. He only hurt Adamek in round 4, thats all.
    Actually you only need to win 8 rounds after being knocked down 3 times, problem was Cunningham only won 7 at most. It was a lot closer fight than you make it out to be.

Comment

Mine was like this:

Rd1 10-9 Cunningham
      Rd2 10-8 Adamek
      Rd3 10-9 Cunningham
      Rd4 10-8 Adamek
      Rd5 10-9 Adamek
      Rd6 10-9 Cunningham
      Rd7 10-9 Cunningham
      Rd8 10-8 Adamek
      Rd9 10-9 Adamek
      Rd10 10-9 Cunningham
      Rd11 10-9 Adamek close
      Rd12 10-9 Cunningham close

114-111 Adamek

Great fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
        Actually you only need to win 8 rounds after being knocked down 3 times, problem was Cunningham only won 7 at most. It was a lot closer fight than you make it out to be.

He didnt won 7 rounds, some rounds was even and You scored all of them for Cunningham. This guy is overhyped, he had no amateur career and figts only 1 fight in year. Even with average Huck he won on TKO only in 11 rounds!Who the heck is primitive Marco Huckic? Adamek is MUCH better than Huck. Who the heck is Cunningham? Only good boxer in his record is Guilermo Jones and he lost to weak Wlodarczyk.
        115-110 for Adamek and maybe even more.
        Great fight, i hope Adamek can fight with Fragomeni - Wlodarczyk winner.
        Last edited by EnderTKD; 12-12-2008, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
          Just watched the fight.

Rd1 10-9 Cunningham
          Rd2 10-8 Adamek
          Rd3 10-9 Cunningham close
          Rd4 10-8 Adamek
          Rd5 10-9 Adamek
          Rd6 10-9 Cunningham
          Rd7 10-9 Cunningham
          Rd8 10-8 Adamek
          Rd9 10-9 Adamek
          Rd10 10-9 Cunningham
          Rd11 10-9 Cunningham close
          Rd12 10-9 Cunningham

113-112 Adamek

Very close fight, looking forward to the rematch. I still think Cunningham can beat Haye and will probably win the rematch, unless he goes another year without fighting.

identical to my card but i didnt score round 4 10-8 adamek. he was hurt and destroyed the entire round before landing a big punch at the very end of the round. i was going to have it 10-8 cunningham without a knockdown. giving credit for the knockdown and with the 10-point must i scored 10-9 adamek.

my score 113-113

Comment

....Great fight last night and hats off to both guys. They both showed a ton of heart. Cunningham is about the classiest guy in defeat I have ever seen. He turned me into a fan with his gutty performance and his show of class after the loss. If he had more power he would be something special.

Comment

i foookin loved last nite's brawl...caught it from round 3 and on....great battle

there needs to be a return bout

Comment

damn, i have to watch this fight asap

Comment

Real exciting title fight, both fighters showed heart. Adamek come foward well and scored 3 nice knockdowns, with Cunningham tryin to use his boxing skill and brain, but Cunningham did land some well timed and placed right crosses which never relly budged Adamek and i think thats when Adamek grew in confidence knowing he could take Cunningham's best shots and still not be hurt and land with some of his own which would hurt or knockdown Cunningham.But Cunningham at times boxed well and the scores weren't margins apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16bf View Post
                    Real exciting title fight, both fighters showed heart. Adamek come foward well and scored 3 nice knockdowns, with Cunningham tryin to use his boxing skill and brain, but Cunningham did land some well timed and placed right crosses which never relly budged Adamek and i think thats when Adamek grew in confidence knowing he could take Cunningham's best shots and still not be hurt and land with some of his own which would hurt or knockdown Cunningham.But Cunningham at times boxed well and the scores weren't margins apart.
                    Easy FOTY contender...falls short of Izzy-Rafa III, but right there with Dawson-Johnson and Mtgawa-Villa. I was shocked that it could just blow by the Banties underneath. That rarely happens.

Comment

Working...
                    X