Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MAYweather vs PACquaio: BATTLE FOR SUPREMACY !!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
    Yes and ALi said Tyson would have beaten the **** out of him. I really can't go by what a fighters says

I've seen what both Floyd and Bernard have done in the ring

B-Hop's 20 title defenses
    Beat
    DLH
    Winky
    Eastmen
    Antwun
    Johson

Was the underdog against/ beat
    Tito
    Pavlik
    Tarver

Floyd is great but to be next to B-Hop I'd say
    Beat Pac...and the best WW (Sadly, we don't have one)

Or not even next but possibly the more accomplished fighter then.
    Well we all have our own Opinions....
    but if Bernard Hopkins himself tells me he doesnt think
    his work compares to Floyd's...and he thinks Floyd is #1 in this era

I am going to believe Bernard Hopkins...

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
      On the real

SERIOUSLY

B-Hop is GREATER then both. Has accomplished more and beaten better fighters...

uLOL

DelaHoya, Trinidad and Winky are

Israel Vasquez, Rafael Marquez and Oscar Larios of Pacquiao
      Would you give PAC much Credit if PAC kayoes Rafa and Izzy at 130lbs??

Erik Morales, Nazeem Hamed and Barrera are the group for Floyd
      Would you give Floyd much Credit if he kayoes 2 of the 3 at 140 lbs??

Comment

If Mayweather doesn't come out of retirement for Manny, then we know he would lose for a fact. Mayweathers legacy is far from complete, if he thinks his legacy is good enough to stay retired then he must be blind. He isn't going to be remembered as an atg, right now he is only a hof.

Comment

Originally posted by Horus View Post
          Well we all have our own Opinions....
          but if Bernard Hopkins himself tells me he doesnt think
          his work compares to Floyd's...and he thinks Floyd is #1 in this era

I am going to believe Bernard Hopkins...
          Ohhh c'mon

Go with what you've seen.

Would you take Ali's "Tyson would have beatne me" into consideration also?

and we both know Tyson is made for Ali

Comment

Horus believes Hopkins, when Hopkins predictions are usually wrong... He predict Oscar to beat Manny, the only predictions Hopkins usually gets right are his own predictions about his own fights. And he didn't get his prediction right against Calzaghe. He predict roy would beat Calzaghe, and Bernard also predicted that he would beat Calzaghe.

Floyds workrate more then Mannys... Oh please, that is a lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Horus View Post
              MAYWEATHER
              Floyd Mayweather: is the definition of an around Boxer, Most Experts would say Mayweather is Probably The Most Complete Fighter of his generation.In addition he is also recognize as the most superior technical fighter of all time
              • "My goal is to be one of the best fighters who ever lived," he said. "My career and legacy are very important to me and I feel I am already ranked among the best there ever where in the sport."

Emanuel Steward, said Mayweather has a feel for the defensive game that few fighters have ever had.
              • "He doesn't use a lot of slipping and sliding," Steward said. "He uses the one basic move, with that shoulder roll, but he's so good at it, and it comes so naturally to him, that he seems like he has fun trying to make a guy miss from right in front of him."
              I was pretty amazed by what I saw when he fought Oscar. Oscar's a veteran of all these super fights and won the gold medal and had a world title so early in his career, but at the beginning of the fight, he was so nervous like he was a kid.
              • "Mayweather gave him that shoulder roll and Oscar threw maybe 100 punches and he didn't land."
              • "All you can do is face the guys who are in your era and he's faced them all and so far, he's beaten them all," Steward said. "You can't dog him for not beating Tommy or not beating Ray (Leonard), because those guys are gone. The thing about Mayweather is, he's answered every challenge he's ever been given. That's all you can ask of a guy."

Kevin Garside of the London Telegraph wrote about Mayweather after the Hatton fight:the truth was inescapable,
              • "Mayweather is a genius of the ring, a gladiator in tap shoes."

Kery DavisHBO executive said about Mayweather:
              • "Floyd wasn’t The Greatest of all time ,But He is the greatest of this Era."

Bernard Hopkins said about Mayweather.
              • "Floyd is the best fighter in the world of this era and he showed that round after round."

When Asked:
              • "Who is the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world, Hopkins or Mayweather?"

In a conversation with the Grand Rapids Press, Hopkins left no doubt as to which of them is the better fighter of their time.
              • "The best fighter of our era -- my era -- is Pretty Boy Floyd," Hopkins said. "There's no doubt."

Sugar Ray Leonard, one of the best fighters to ever step foot in a boxing ring, Said about Mayweather
              • "Mayweather is the best of his time".
              • "He's an amazing fighter,"
              • "Very economical. It's all about the eyes. He's one of the few fighters I've ever seen, like Muhammad Ali, he watches every move his opponent makes, and capitalizes on those mistakes. That's a gift. You can't teach that. Floyd's number one this era. He's proved that, against Oscar, now against Ricky Hatton. He's fought the best fighters of his era, so that puts him up there. There's a few more fights left in Floyd, and bigger and better things to come."

Eric Brown (Pacquaio Assistant Trainner) said that Floyd Jr. being a gifted pugilist would “be the only man that would present Manny with a serious challenge and it would be a difficult fight for Pac” in light of “Mayweather’s brilliance in speed, intelligence, and defense.”

If you think a guy who uses his legs when he boxes, like Ray Leonard and Muhammad Ali, is a runner, then Mayweather is a sprinter.But fighters only resort to fighting flat-footed because they have no choice. Mayweather has plenty of options, but he's smart and chooses to hit and not be hit. He's a guy who weighed 148 pounds when he walked into the ring to face De La Hoya . De La Hoya weighed nearly 170.
              Mayweather , has never had the challenger who could bring out the best in him like Thomas Hearns did for Leonard or like Leonard did for Roberto Duran.Mayweather is the most physically gifted fighter of his era and had no one in his weight classes who was truly close.
              Please Read!!!!

Comment

It would be a very good fight. One I would really love to see, just for the fact that with Floyd's long inactivity and Pac's being a southpaw and still very active it could actually make it a competitive fight. I think with the higher weight for Pac he is now fighting with less aggression and more movement which would also help.

Floyd's biggest weakness is southpaws. That in itself will be a big advantage for Pac as he should be able to land that straight left and also the right hook, which is an unusual punch which, if thrown well, can be quite hard to defend against for an orthodox fighter and especially one that has trouble with southpaws like Floyd. I think that is Pac's greatest advantage for this fight, simply that he is a southpaw. I wouldn't give him any chance if he was an orthodox fighter, but him being a lefty really helps.

If there is one fight I would like to see happen with Mayweather in it, it would have to be this one. Most other WW's would be too big for Pac and the top guys right now would quite truly probably demolish him. Clottey, Williams, Margarito and Cotto are all much too big and guys like Clottey and Cotto have too much speed and power and too many skills for it to be a very good fight at WW.

With that said, Mayweather is a very small WW and actually quite similar in size to Pac. They could have started at the same weight really, but of course Pac started fighting so young that he was the respective weight of his age, whereas Floyd started at the respective weight of his age when he started at SFW or whatever. So, really the size wouldn't be much of a factor especially as we know that Pac can carry up his speed quite well. Maybe if he fights Hatton and wins then that will be enough for Floyd to come out of his retirement. The one thing that makes me think this fight will happen is that Floyd will think he has a much greater chance of beating Pac than having to come back and fight a legitimate WW champ like Cotto who would be a very hard fight for him, win or lose. I think Floyd would feel he has the power, speed, skill and size advantage, which is something that would not have happened in a very long time for him. It would make him quite confident.

Comment

a quote from Senator Zubiri lol !!!!!

Comment

I'd favor Floyd at either weight. Floyd is a FREAK of a boxer. The man barely get's grazed let alone hit flush. His defensive abilities are FAR superior to that of Pac who loves to get in there and rumble at will. Reference the Hatton fight if you will. What, if any, gameplan do you think Roach and Pac can come up with for hitting a ghost? Floyd isn't your average fighter and can adjust. Pac is hit easily and often against willing sluggers and will put himself into the slugfest when it is not needed. If push comes to shove and Pac can't answer Floyd's defense, again, reference Hatton in round 10 against Floyd. I would LOVE to see this fight and I hope it is made as well as seeing Pac against Hatton but I will not be favoring Pac in either fight. Just my opinion.

Comment

Let's also not forget, we failed to see what Pac is REALLY about at that weight given Oscar was content on standing there. I'd beg to differ that he is ready to take on someone of Floyd's calibur based off of that one sided joke of a fight. (not taking anything away from Pac though)

Comment

Working...
                      X