Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MAYweather vs PACquaio: BATTLE FOR SUPREMACY !!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by strugler View Post
    You cant cherry pick. If floyds too small for the welterweights why not 140?Pac was 143 i think during the Oscar weigh in, pac isnt a full pledge welterweight imo, why make the fight at 147 then? A catchweight is acceptable though imo 143-144 for pbf.

The weights is not the be all, end all of this fight, it's how they will divide the Benjamins, it will be soon be a true story...

Comment

You cant cherry pick. If floyds too small for the welterweights why not 140?Pac was 143 i think during the Oscar weigh in, pac isnt a full pledge welterweight imo, why make the fight at 147 then? A catchweight is acceptable though imo 143-144 for pbf.
      Pac wasn't 143-144 by fight time.

Floyd isn't to small for WW because he is a WW. It's the rest of the fighters that lie about being a WW. Floyd can show up by fight-time at 147 for his WW fights. What's the weight for a WW? 147. What do most others show up at? 157+

Understand the point?

Just like Pac is really a WW because he fights at 147 by fight-time.

Understand?

I just don't like the charade of a fighter having to drain weight for the weigh-in and then put weight back on for fight-time. That's like two fights in one: Fighting the scales and then fighting your opponent in one.

Let's just skip it and get to the fight.

Just like in a street-fight: There is no weigh-in weight and then you are able drink a ton of water to put weight back on to fight. They just fight at the weight they show up as.
      Last edited by Benny Leonard; 03-27-2009, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• If this fight happens, and I'm hoping it does, its the best fight to happen in a long time. It would truly be the the best against the best. One generational fighter against another.

Its kind of comical when you hear haters claiming Mayweather should be fighting Cotto or Mosely. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see those fights happen too but it wouldn't be as significant as a Pacman battle.

I'm a Mayweather fan and I scratch my head wondering how people can claim that Mayweather will walk through Pacman. Pacman has incredible speed and power. Mayweather would have to be at his very best to beat him. One wrong move and Pacman has the speed and power to **** him up good.

This would be the fight to watch and shatter all sorts of records.....make it happen!!!
        Last edited by p4p-champ; 03-27-2009, 09:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
          Floyd isn't to small for WW because he is a WW. It's the rest of the fighters that lie about being a WW. Floyd can show up by fight-time at 147 for his WW fights. What's the weight for a WW? 147. What do most others show up at? 157+

Understand the point?

Just like Pac is really a WW because he fights at 147 by fight-time.
          Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
          Understand?

I just don't like the charade of a fighter having to drain weight for the weigh-in and then put weight back on for fight-time. That's like two fights in one: Fighting the scales and then fighting your opponent in one.

Let's just skip it and get to the fight.

Just like in a street-fight: There is no weigh-in weight and then you are able drink a ton of water to put weight back on to fight. They just fight at the weight they show up as.

Naaaaah. So whats the problem weighingin 144 day before then?
          Thats just chaos right there, I really cant see why youre so against a catchweight?

Comment

I gave him a chance. Teddy Atlas gave him a chance. Freddy Roach gave him a chance. Mostly for the same reasons: Age, inactivity, and weight for the scales.

You don't even have to pay attention to what I said before the fight...just pay attention to what Freddy said before and then after.

I think the problem with the Floyd situation now is that he hasn't fought at his best for at least a few years now and by the time this fight will happen, if it happens, he will be out of the ring for close to two years, if not two full years at the age of 32 (going on 33 early next year)....while Pac is fighting at his best and staying active.

That's why I continue to say: If he cannot fight like he used to fight, stay retired. His fights are boring now and he just does enough to win. Not the same fighter.

If Floyd is to fight someone deserving, it should be COTTO.

I will say this: Pac has a better chance to beating this version of Floyd than the Floyd Mayweather Jr. that fought at 140. Better fighter back then. Cotto as well.
            i lol'ed

i thought that pac would get the credit he deserves if he beats DLH, cause it was insane to predict him winning, much less by ko. he has'nt shown signs of being "shot" in his prior bouts.

a lot of people talked smack on freddie, saying he's hyping pac. he really was hyping him up. what trainer would say something like "my fighter has no chance againts this guy"? of course he'll say pac will beat oscar

even if pac beats both the klit brothers and unifies heavy, he'd never get full credit. some guy would make up an excuse and everyone will ride it, so that their favorite fighter won't look so pathetic when they are compared to pac...(i.e; floyd)

Comment

• Originally posted by gopi11 View Post
              The weights is not the be all, end all of this fight, it's how they will divide the Benjamins, it will be soon be a true story...
              I really dont know how to divide the purse.45/45 last 10% goes to the winner. If declared a draw additional 3 rounds.
              This is like the championship of the decade............imo.

Comment

Naaaaah. So whats the problem weighingin 144 day before then?
                Thats just chaos right there, I really cant see why youre so against a catchweight?
                Because BOTH FIGHTERS already fought at 147. In addition, Freddie already mentioned why he wants it at a catch-weight which is just plain messed up and will be brought up right after the fight as an excuse.

Comment

• to be honest, i think this fight is not as easy to call as some of you guys make it to be..

there are many factors to be considered:

how inactivity affects floyd
                  how well does pac do againts a bigger, faster marquez
                  how much the southpaw stance will affect floyd
                  how will floyd do againts a relentless boxer like pac
                  how much of pac's offense will be nullified by floyd's defense

..... i'd say we can't know for sure unless they do fight.

i call it 50-50 at 140

Comment

• Originally posted by aether View Post
                    i lol'ed

i thought that pac would get the credit he deserves if he beats DLH, cause it was insane to predict him winning, much less by ko. he has'nt shown signs of being "shot" in his prior bouts.

a lot of people talked smack on freddie, saying he's hyping pac. he really was hyping him up. what trainer would say something like "my fighter has no chance againts this guy"? of course he'll say pac will beat oscar

even if pac beats both the klit brothers and unifies heavy, he'd never get full credit. some guy would make up an excuse and everyone will ride it, so that their favorite fighter won't look so pathetic when they are compared to pac...(i.e; floyd)
                    Did you listen to Freddie before and after...especially about the weight?

Comment

Because BOTH FIGHTERS already fought at 147. In addition, Freddie already mentioned why he wants it at a catch-weight which is just plain messed up and will be brought up right after the fight as an excuse.
                      You look at it, as the fighters weight the night of the fight. How sure are we HBOs feeding as the correct information? its unofficial.
                      Day before the fight weighin is what we usually do. why make a special case for PBF?

Comment

Working...
                      X