No announcement yet.

ESPN is another MMA fanboy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN is another MMA fanboy

ESPN covers more MMA then boxing now, it's a joke.

Yeah I've been noticing that lately too. They even broadcast the Press Conference of Lesnar-Colture fight....

I'm surprised by ESPN's new found love and coverage for MMA

Comment

it's because ufc has better marketing and it gets more attention by way of promotion and merchandise.

espn is in the ratings game just like everything else on tv.......... get used to it because it's only going to get bigger........

boxing needs a much needed shot in the arm in order to keep up. pretty much boxing is going to need to retool and make itself more more tv and fan friendly.

it's easier for the ufc to do what it does because it's one company that does everything for itself. boxing is a collection of companies that only look out for themselves, until that changes, ufc is going to swallow up boxing in the ratings and marketing and promotions game.............

boxing needs to grow, and adapt, or die, plain and simple........ its the cycle of life, especially in business..............it's called capitalism. sink or swim, if you don't adapt to your surroundings, you die........... sad to say, boxing keeps playing the same old ass game it's been doing for years, when is it going to start making the necessary adjustments to compare with it's competitors??????

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
        ESPN covers more MMA then boxing now, it's a joke.
        Way before then. ESPN gave it it's own show on the internet for almost a year now.

I do have to beg you guys to make Franklin McNeil quit the show. Compared to Kenny Florian/Frank Mir/Stephan Bonner, he's not adding much to the show other then looking like a puppy or a moron.

Comment

Working...
        X