Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mma Vs Boxing Debate On Sportcenter Right Now!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
    They said they expected 1mill for tommorows fight and 500 k for the jones fight. But ufc got their biggest names why didn't they compare the oscar vs manny fight to ufc's biggest fight?
    Couture and Lesnar aren't UFC's biggest names.......

Comment

I bet oscar vs manny will double the lesnar vs couture fights numbers
      Oh no doubt. That why I like to measure this up against at least Griffin/Evans.

Originally posted by evilp0ptart View Post
      Lesnar Couture isn't a huge fight for real MMA fans, they are just billing it as that to make it seem bigger than it is
      This is true. This is more of a styles matchup. It won't hurt Lesnar but it's Randy's fight to lose.

The more competitive fight is Stevenson/Florian and Maia/Quarry.

Comment

if Dana White truly believes his own crap, he should have put one of his Chuck Liddell cards on the same night as PBF-DLH

Comment

Originally posted by Savino View Post
          Haye aint sold out the o2 for tomorrow yet. the is still tickets on sale, yet when the UFC came to the o2 it was sold out in 2days.

Another debate? itreally seems like America is on MMA's nuts.
          When did that happen?

The UFC gives away a ****load of tickets at 80% of their events and call every show "SOOOOOOOLD OOOOOOOOOUT" Couture vs Brock tomorrow is hurting at the box office. You just have to look at the attendance compared to the paid attendance.

Comment

^^^Lesnar is ask any of the mma people he has more hits on the net and has gotten e60 on espn it's most views for it show. Luke Thomas said lesnar is by far it's biggest name and he's the biggest mma expert i know..U gotta remember all the wwe wrestling fans

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
              When did that happen?

The UFC gives away a ****load of tickets at 80% of their events and call every show "SOOOOOOOLD OOOOOOOOOUT" Couture vs Brock tomorrow is hurting at the box office. You just have to look at the attendance compared to the paid attendance.
              I think it was in June or July. everytime the UFC come to the UK they are breaking records for Venues for sports. When they was in Birmingham the other week they made twice as much as the Amir Khan fight accordin to Steve Bunce.

I dunno if they give tickets away or not but the arenas are always full. It is pretty hard to get UFC tickets. I tried to get some for Manchester, Newcastle and London.

Comment

^^^Lesnar is ask any of the mma people he has more hits on the net and has gotten e60 on espn it's most views for it show. Luke Thomas said lesnar is by far it's biggest name and he's the biggest mma expert i know..U gotta remember all the wwe wrestling fans
                Not to mention that WWE have been giving free ad space.

Don't worry. They're being puppy dogs.

Comment

I think it was in June or July. everytime the UFC come to the UK they are breaking records for Venues for sports. When they was in Birmingham the other week they made twice as much as the Amir Khan fight accordin to Steve Bunce.

I dunno if they give tickets away or not but the arenas are always full. It is pretty hard to get UFC tickets. I tried to get some for Manchester, Newcastle and London.

That card was supposed to be between Liddell vs Shogun so the tickets went fast but they were both injured. It did do well at the box office though, I'm just saying every show you see the guy screams "SOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL OOOOOOOOUUUT" yet most the time it's bull****.

That card did about 1/4 the revenue of what Hatton vs Lazcano did by the way.

Comment

Did Newcastle sell out? I remember seeing it advertised up here but there seemed to be next to no interest, i assumed it died on it's arse.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post

That card was supposed to be between Liddell vs Shogun so the tickets went fast but they were both injured. It did do well at the box office though, I'm just saying every show you see the guy screams "SOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL OOOOOOOOUUUT" yet most the time it's bull****.

That card did about 1/4 the revenue of what Hatton vs Lazcano did by the way.
                      But Hatton's fight was in front of 50k. not hard to make more money is it? The card got cancelled and then they put on a new show which had Bisping, Hughes and Alves on the card. I know when they was at the o2 early in the year it reportdly made more revenue than the Take That concert there. Can't deny it when the UFC comes over here it gets hyped and they do sell the venue out. Dublin sold out already for next year.

Haye's fight is tomorrow and it aint sold out, they have had to put on a offer of 2 for the price of 1.

Comment

Working...
                      X