No announcement yet.

Denis Boytsov vs Vinny Maddalone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denis Boytsov vs Vinny Maddalone

Up-and-coming prospect Denis Boytsov will return to action on the undercard of the Dimitrenko-Krasniqi bout (tomorrow) and will face the popular journeyman Vinny Maddalone. Maddalone is sure to throw some bombs and what should be a very entertaining fight....

It's on the same bill as the talked-about Dimitrenko vs. Krasniqi, but I find the Boytsov fight more intriguing.

Boytsov is quick-fisted, technical, young (22), undefeated (22-0; 18), BUT, also untested. I find this fight the first test of his true potential.

Previously, his weight has been a question mark. He has to add some muscles before his challenge in the division can be taken seriously.

This is a good match up, and it might answer some questions.

Comment

Originally posted by gridiron View Post
      It's on the same bill as the talked-about Dimitrenko vs. Krasniqi, but I find the Boytsov fight more intriguing.

Boytsov is quick-fisted, technical, young (22), undefeated (22-0; 18), BUT, also untested. I find this fight the first test of his true potential.

Previously, his weight has been a question mark. He has to add some muscles before his challenge in the division can be taken seriously.

This is a good match up, and it might answer some questions.
      I agree with this and think Maddalone will try to take advantage of Boytsov's inexperience by coming out guns blazing in round one. Should be interesting, while it lasts...

Comment

Boystov has got to get him out of there in 2 to be impressive at all. The transitive property is flawed, I know, but even beyond washed up, beyond old Holyfield could get rid of him in three. He's entertaining, but he's not a good fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarr71 View Post
          Boystov has got to get him out of there in 2 to be impressive at all. The transitive property is flawed, I know, but even beyond washed up, beyond old Holyfield could get rid of him in three. He's entertaining, but he's not a good fighter.
          Yeah, Maddalone made Holyfield look like he was in his prime when they fought several years ago. However, Maddalone may have improved from then. I wouldn't mind seeing Vinny score the upset....

Comment

Originally posted by jcarr71 View Post
            The fight with Holyfield was stopped because of a cut (probably from a sneaky Holyfield headbutt the referee didn't see). If not for the cut, it may have gone the distance, or Vinnie may have won. We'll never know.

Vinnie isn't a contender, but he's a decent journeyman and a top 100 heavyweight, according to BoxRec. If Boytsov stops Maddalone in any round it will be impressive.

Let's consider also, Maddalone has an advantage in experience - he's been in with some good fighters.
            Last edited by The Hammer; 11-14-2008, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X