Hopkins: "No Interest in Jones Rematch, Roy Must Quit"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gully Gad View Post
    Ok maybe not Hopkins then..
    But im thinking that he can still have a farewell fight..
    i think joe just sent him home...

Comment

Originally posted by larryx View Post
      i think joe just sent him home...
      lol

I reckon he has 1 more anyway before he retires

Comment

Really? well I didnt insult you! so i see no reason to insult my opinion. Ok I will explain my comment, the comparison I was making was that both fighters relied on speed and heavy hands to get rid of opponents and also through shots from awkward angles. Coupled with this is the number of safe low risk fights they had both had.
        Muhammed Ali relied on speed and reflexes too. What's your point?

As for Tarver and Johnson fights whats your definition of war? Castillo vs Corrales thats a war, Arturo Gatti vs Micky ward thats a war, Ali vs foreman, ali vs frasier (take your pick) they are wars.
        The point is that whether they were wars or not, Jones took a lot of punishment in them.

He was sparked early as well by tarver and johnson (ok as well as doing the distance twice). So that damage I believe is more mental than physical (in the sense of Ali say who you compared him to). plus I dont think his punch resistance had been warn down by wars like say gatti or Morreles were. I think its just old age and not being able to rely on the skills that once got him out of trouble, plus the fact the heavyweight back down to light heavy I think killed off his body.
        What? The damage he took in the Tarver fight alone was enough to drain him. And whether you think it was mental or not, he took plenty of physical punishment in all of those fights...regardless of why.

Boxing like all sports is about opinions and I dont think comparing Ali to Jones works I am sorry.
        But you think comparing him to Hamed is ok? Well, they do say that opinions are like assh*oles.

Comment

Take that advice Roy, B-Hop is right... However watch Roy call him out!

Comment

Originally posted by boxaholic View Post
            Bhop is an *******. Bhop should fight RJJ and add to his legacy vs talking **** about the man that beat him twice. And RJJ would beat BHOP because Bhop has been beating on blown up Fighters like Jermain Taylor, Kelly Pavlik, Tito Trinidad, Winky Wright and so on. RJJ is like the Michael Jordan of boxing. Unfortunately he is The Jordan that played for the Wizards not the Bulls.
            LOL. Aren't you the emotional Roy Jones fanboy... If you can look past your emotions, you can clearly see that Bhop's advice was spot on. Roy is now a shadow of himself and should hang up the gloves. I'm no Roy or Bhop fan but there's no way you can find fault in Bhop's advice to Roy.

Comment

Im a Pc...

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Roy and Hops always had respect for each other. They're just two very prideful, intelligent and alpha men. I think fighters in general have a great respect for each other, regardless of their words to the media. Two examples are, remember when Hops fought Simon Brown on HBO with Roy commentating? Right after he stopped him, Bernard leaned over and gave Roy dap. James Toney did the same thing with Roy right after he entered the ring prior to his bout against Ruiz. Funny world we live in.
                Genuine question. What did Bernard give Roy after the Brown fight? Dap? I'm not quite sure what that means. Sorry to be a pain, but I'm just curious as to what you mean. Dunno if it's a typo or an American term...

As for Bernard's comments- extremely classy. The camaraderie that exists between boxers, even though who have been foes in the past, is kinda beautiful and humbling. Only other boxers know what they go through, we're just mere watchers...
                Last edited by Porter's Dad; 11-11-2008, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Way to go Hops.

And it's not for the media. After the fight Hopkins went into Roy's dressing room and told him the same thing. Wish I was there for that. Anyway, he's right. Jones looked bad...real bad. Call it a day, Roy.
                  NOT TRUE AT ALL!!! BERNARD NEVER WENT TO RJJ'S D.R.....

Comment

wow that comment shows how much you know about boxing.NADA! ZIP! ZERO! what would hopkins add to his legacy by beating a fighter in jones that at this stage in his career simply is sitting duck.bhop wanted the jones fight,remember he called him out after the pavlik bout,but jones was suppose to beat calzaghe,now that rematch is pointless.the only fight worth making is calzaghe vs hopkins II.

Comment

**** talker? hopkins only speaks the truth,would you tell jones to continue fighting after an ass whoopin like that? if you do,you must want your favorite boxer dead.and calzaghe couldnt even land a clean punch against bhop,thats why he looked so bad,he could throw all the punches he want but hopkins has the best defense in boxing.calzaghe would not dare and give bhop a rematch,cuz he wouldnt be undefeated no more

Comment

Working...
                      X