No announcement yet.

Hopkins: "No Interest in Jones Rematch, Roy Must Quit"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryx View Post
    how is he talking **** about roy???????????did we read the same article..i swear some peoples hate for hopkins is sickening
    Roy didn't look as bad as Hopkins calls it. And whos Hopkins to say he should quit, Hopkins two fights ago lost to the same man Roy did. If Roy fought Pavlik i wouldn't under estimate a Roy win. Hopkins still remembers how hard Roys hits so he wont have to fight Roy. 60-40 when Hopkins had done nothing past a Trinidad win without gbp, his career would still have been at middlweight.

Roy has Hopkins number and Roys still good enough to beat Hopkins. Roy didn't look the same old Roy against Cal, but a lot of it was do to Cal. Roy fought a better fight that i didn't think he could fight and took shots that surprised me he could stand to them. I don't hate Hopkins, but Hopkins is just a **** talker.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gully Gad View Post
      It would for Hop fans..
      Hence why i said one for there fans i didnt say it would be entertaining
      im a hopkins fan and wouldnt wanna see roy beat up again

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
        If he thought the same thing from the Tito fight then by that standard he wouldn't have been calling him out for a fight. He favoured him over Joe from seeing the Tito fight and losing to Calzaghe based on power largely which Roy landed. So he's contradicted himself a little.

I think Hopkins is reasonable enough however, and fairly respectable as he has been somewhat more for the past few months. He seems a changed man actually, quite an inspiring guy in the past few months in and out of the ring.

He is a tad harsh on Roy, he didn't look that bad. He may well be exaggerating to extra justify not facing him or encourage a retirement, plus undermining Joes win.

But all in all not **** talking, I guess realising both guys are respectably coming to their end.
        I was thinking the same thing but then again I figured this is just Hop trying to "HYPE" a fight with Joe. I think Joe should do what Max had said. Fight Dawson and retire. I think Joe would win and if he did that. NO ONE would/could say anything other than "damn, nobodies left".... then Joe could retire and really make a mark... That's just me. But I think he should do it.

Comment

Originally posted by ferocity View Post
          Roy didn't look as bad as Hopkins calls it. And whos Hopkins to say he should quit, Hopkins two fights ago lost to the same man Roy did. If Roy fought Pavlik i wouldn't under estimate a Roy win. Hopkins still remembers how hard Roys hits so he wont have to fight Roy. 60-40 when Hopkins had done nothing past a Trinidad win without gbp, his career would still have been at middlweight.

Roy has Hopkins number and Roys still good enough to beat Hopkins. Roy didn't look the same old Roy against Cal, but a lot of it was do to Cal. Roy fought a better fight that i didn't think he could fight and took shots that surprised me he could stand to them. I don't hate Hopkins, but Hopkins is just a **** talker.
          r u serious hopkins damn near beat joe and was far from punished..if you think this roy can beat hopkins or pavlik then i want some of what you're smoking cause you're outta yo mind...hopkins has been p4p this entire decade while roy hasnt been on the world level since 2003...man you need to come to your senses

Comment

Originally posted by theboymartay View Post
            Right.... what "wars" has Jones been in?

Tarver and Johnson? thats pretty much it.

Ali - Frasier 3 times, foreman, Norton (with a broken jaw) hell even the first liston fight.

As for the basics I would compare Jones to PRince Nassem Hamed i think thats a better comparison than Ali.
            Unfortunately for Jones, in the latter part of his career, most of his wars were one-sided. In essence, he took plenty of punishment in his past few bouts. Tarver three times, Johnson once, Hanshaw and now Calzaghe.

Your last statement is too ludicrous to respond to.

Comment

did you or did u not watch the fight? face it.. roy is done and bhop couldn't have put it in a nicer way.. as for bhop i think he's legacy is now greater than roy's becuz he got better as he aged..sad to see ma fav boxer down like that

Comment

im a hopkins fan and wouldnt wanna see roy beat up again
                Seems to me though Larry your a bigger jones fan
                So we gotta count you out lol

Comment

Originally posted by The Gully Gad View Post
                  Seems to me though Larry your a bigger jones fan
                  So we gotta count you out lol
                  it would be a nightmare if jones and hopkins fought for me..i like both of them..but i do fear for jones health now as he is unable to defend himself these days

Comment

Unfortunately for Jones, in the latter part of his career, most of his wars were one-sided. In essence, he took plenty of punishment in his past few bouts. Tarver three times, Johnson once, Hanshaw and now Calzaghe.

Your last statement is too ludicrous to respond to.

Really? well I didnt insult you! so i see no reason to insult my opinion. Ok I will explain my comment, the comparison I was making was that both fighters relied on speed and heavy hands to get rid of opponents and also through shots from awkward angles. Coupled with this is the number of safe low risk fights they had both had.

As for Tarver and Johnson fights whats your definition of war? Castillo vs Corrales thats a war, Arturo Gatti vs Micky ward thats a war, Ali vs foreman, ali vs frasier (take your pick) they are wars.

He was sparked early as well by tarver and johnson (ok as well as doing the distance twice). So that damage I believe is more mental than physical (in the sense of Ali say who you compared him to). plus I dont think his punch resistance had been warn down by wars like say gatti or Morreles were. I think its just old age and not being able to rely on the skills that once got him out of trouble, plus the fact the heavyweight back down to light heavy I think killed off his body.

Boxing like all sports is about opinions and I dont think comparing Ali to Jones works I am sorry.

Comment

it would be a nightmare if jones and hopkins fought for me..i like both of them..but i do fear for jones health now as he is unable to defend himself these days
                      Ok maybe not Hopkins then..
                      But im thinking that he can still have a farewell fight..

Comment

Working...
                      X