No announcement yet.

Hopkins: "No Interest in Jones Rematch, Roy Must Quit"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theboymartay View Post

Jones has had a long career I dont imagine needs the money and doesnt want to end up punchy.

Some commented that he may go the same way as Ali, which i dont think is necessarly an accurate description, Ali had a number of wars whereas Jones for the large part has had alot of "low risk, high reward" fights, also Ali even at the end, new the basics (as hopkins put it) Jones never has and has relied heavily on his speed (in the same way hamed did - and thats why he was found out by Barrera).
    Ehh...I'd argue that, like Jones, Ali wasn't really involved in too many wars until he got older. I'd also argue that the gym takes as much a toll as the ring. I'd also add that the same things that was said about Jones (re: never knowing the basics) we're once said about Ali.

Comment

Hopkins talks **** about Roy and people say he didn't belittle or talk ****, lol - only Bernerad Hopkins could get away with this **** talking and fans think he's being nice.

Hopkins v. Roy, on regular Hbo or don't waste anybodys time.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Ehh...I'd argue that, like Jones, Ali wasn't really involved in too many wars until he got older. I'd also argue that the gym takes as much a toll as the ring. I'd also add that the same things that was said about Jones (re: never knowing the basics) we're once said about Ali.
        But Ali at least used one of the basic combos ever and dominated with it - the 1-2 combo.

Comment

Cant see why Jones and Hop cant entertain that idea..
          They should fight to end each others careers..
          And it would be one for there fans...

Comment

Originally posted by ferocity View Post
            Hopkins talks **** about Roy and people say he didn't belittle or talk ****, lol - only Bernerad Hopkins could get away with this **** talking and fans think he's being nice.

Hopkins v. Roy, on regular Hbo or don't waste anybodys time.
            how is he talking **** about roy???????????did we read the same article..i swear some peoples hate for hopkins is sickening

Comment

Originally posted by The Gully Gad View Post
              Cant see why Jones and Hop cant entertain that idea..
              They should fight to end each others careers..
              And it would be one for there fans...
              hopkins would hurt jones..that would not be entertaining to the fans

Comment

Originally posted by ferocity View Post
                But Ali at least used one of the basic combos ever and dominated with it - the 1-2 combo.
                You seriously think that...Roy Jones doesn't throw a 1-2?

Seriously?

What did he hurt Ruiz with again in the fourth round?

Comment

Originally posted by larryx View Post
                  hopkins would hurt jones..that would not be entertaining to the fans
                  It would for Hop fans..
                  Hence why i said one for there fans i didnt say it would be entertaining

Comment

I always thought they had respect for each other since you never really heard either talk down about one another as far as ability or accomplishments inside the ring. It just seemed to be the business side of things where they would feud.

Comment

Right.... what "wars" has Jones been in?

Tarver and Johnson? thats pretty much it.

Ali - Frasier 3 times, foreman, Norton (with a broken jaw) hell even the first liston fight.

As for the basics I would compare Jones to PRince Nassem Hamed i think thats a better comparison than Ali.

Comment

Working...
                      X