No announcement yet.

Hopkins: "No Interest in Jones Rematch, Roy Must Quit"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
    If he thought the same thing from the Tito fight then by that standard he wouldn't have been calling him out for a fight. He favoured him over Joe from seeing the Tito fight and losing to Calzaghe based on power largely which Roy landed. So he's contradicted himself a little.

I think Hopkins is reasonable enough however, and fairly respectable as he has been somewhat more for the past few months. He seems a changed man actually, quite an inspiring guy in the past few months in and out of the ring.

He is a tad harsh on Roy, he didn't look that bad. He may well be exaggerating to extra justify not facing him or encourage a retirement, plus undermining Joes win.

But all in all not **** talking, I guess realising both guys are respectably coming to their end.
    My friend strikes again. I'm sorry to say but Roy looked horrible and I'm not trying to undermine Joe's win but the truth is the truth man.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Way to go Hops.

And it's not for the media. After the fight Hopkins went into Roy's dressing room and told him the same thing. Wish I was there for that. Anyway, he's right. Jones looked bad...real bad. Call it a day, Roy.
      Good knowledge. Would love to have been a fly on the wall for that experience between those two old rivals. A vid or transcript would be un real but be good to know how it went down...

Comment

Originally posted by Hester65 View Post
        The style of fighting that Floyd has is similar to Hopkins. Both are selective offensively and defensively solid. Floyd could fight for several more years without having to fold because of physical drop off.
        Plus Hopkins & FMJ are official gym rats.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post

He is a tad harsh on Roy, he didn't look that bad. He may well be exaggerating to extra justify not facing him or encourage a retirement, plus undermining Joes win.

But all in all not **** talking, I guess realising both guys are respectably coming to their end.
          He looked pretty good in spots from the first 6 rounds. but I've seen all of Roy's fights going back to the Olympics against guys like Frankie Liles, and his reflexes are shot now. He looked like a dead fighter for the last 6 rounds. Hes just deteriorated in every way...his speed, reflexes, footwork etc. its sad really.

Comment

class from popkins and real talk

that sounds like words coming from a brothers keeper as opposed to a nemesis

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
              where did u hear that?
              This is not a Boxingscene article, I think they took the quotes from Tim Smith's NY Daily News article from Monday. That's where I read it. Says one of Roy's kids was bawling in there as Bernard spoke to a clearly dejected Roy.

Comment

i thought that it was fair and honest, and although it might hurt roy and his fans a bit, it's true, every word.

hopkins is being classy by not going after roy. i think hopkins would kill him in the ring and i said that for a looong time now, even before the tito fight, which i thought was a bull**** fight anyway......

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  This is not a Boxingscene article, I think they took the quotes from Tim Smith's NY Daily News article from Monday. That's where I read it. Says one of Roy's kids was bawling in there as Bernard spoke to a clearly dejected Roy.
                  Can you find that article? i'd like to read it...

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ The Truth View Post
                    He looked pretty good in spots from the first 6 rounds. but I've seen all of Roy's fights going back to the Olympics against guys like Frankie Liles, and his reflexes are shot now. He looked like a dead fighter for the last 6 rounds. Hes just deteriorated in every way...his speed, reflexes, footwork etc. its sad really.
                    Exactly bro.

I gotta say in the lead up to the fight I said Jones was pretty much done but the one thing that did surprise me was how much speed he has lost. That **** hit me like a brick. I was sitting there next to my brother and we were just like "holy ****, Roy is actually SLOW now".

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ The Truth View Post
                      That's a great quote from Roy in your sig. He's always been very good about encouraging young fighters. Many people forget Roy walking in the ring with Floyd for his bout against Corrales.

Comment

Working...
                      X