Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hmmmm... Boxrec says Lopez vs. Concepcion now...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
    By the way, I changed my mind about your sig...

I think you should just get one entirely dedicated to Hopkins...

Here are the gifs you should get:

Hopkins KOs Trinidad
    Hopkins KDs Robert Allen with that looping right
    A couple of savage KDs from early in Hopkins's IBF title defenses
    That highlight reel you had in your sig a while ago (maybe you still do, don't remember) where he just tees off on Pavlik.
    The KD of Calzaghe
    Body shot of OLDH
    The KD of Tarver

THAT would be a badass sig.

By the way... I agree Hatton will beat Malignaggi's ass, and I'm not buying the "new" Hatton. If anything, his ass is way on the downslide, but... it won't take much to beat the Paulie that is freefalling from his prime as we speak.
    Yeah, I've wanted an all Hopkins one for a while now.

But I also feel a strict loyalty to Philly too, especially when fighters like Frazier and Meldrick get no mention around here. They're largely forgotten on this site.

Maybe just have both of them, one on top of the other?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      Yeah, I've wanted an all Hopkins one for a while now.

But I also feel a strict loyalty to Philly too, especially when fighters like Frazier and Meldrick get no mention around here. They're largely forgotten on this site.

Maybe just have both of them, one on top of the other?
      **** yeah... that's how I roll.

I'm actually thinking about getting a Lopez one, and my avatar be the fighter who has the upcoming fight, and my sig will contain the two who aren't in the position of the first upcoming fight.

And just as I say that, I'm telling Lopez to go **** himself, because I have this tight picture of Morales I found that I'm putting up, and I'll put both of my Wright sigs in my sig.

Comment

**** yeah... that's how I roll.

I'm actually thinking about getting a Lopez one, and my avatar be the fighter who has the upcoming fight, and my sig will contain the two who aren't in the position of the first upcoming fight.

And just as I say that, I'm telling Lopez to go **** himself, because I have this tight picture of Morales I found that I'm putting up, and I'll put both of my Wright sigs in my sig.
        I dropped a line to Hype about a Hopkins only sig.

It's got everything you mentioned, plus the Johnson TKO.

Comment

I dropped a line to Hype about a Hopkins only sig.

It's got everything you mentioned, plus the Johnson TKO.
          Didn't he just give up in the corner? That seems pretty damn anti-climatic to go in a sig.

How infuriating is it for a Hopkins fan to get nearly no credit for burying a very good Glen Johnson in every way possible early in Hopkins's career?

I mean, really there is an argument to be made whether that win is better than the ODLH win IMO.

Comment

Didn't he just give up in the corner? That seems pretty damn anti-climatic to go in a sig.

How infuriating is it for a Hopkins fan to get nearly no credit for burying a very good Glen Johnson in every way possible early in Hopkins's career?

I mean, really there is an argument to be made whether that win is better than the ODLH win IMO.
            What can I expect honestly? When has Glen ever gotten any credit? People actually think all of his losses were deserved, and that he's a "journeyman".

I might substitute the Johnson TKO with something else, but it'd have to be a damn great Hopkins knockout. A few spring to mind but I'm trying to decide on which one.

Comment

Approximately .325 seconds after the winner is announced, most likely Hatton.

Then we'll be hearing all about the "new" Ricky, and how the "new" version of Ricky could KO Floyd with Sr.'s training techniques and knowledge of Floyd's flaws.

And I'm being totally serious, etch that **** in stone. It's going to happen.

"What if the Ricky that fought Paulie had fought Floyd?"

What if? I'll tell you what if, he'd get knocked the fuck out by Floyd for the second time, that's what if.
              By the way, I changed my mind about your sig...

I think you should just get one entirely dedicated to Hopkins...

Here are the gifs you should get:

Hopkins KOs Trinidad
              Hopkins KDs Robert Allen with that looping right
              A couple of savage KDs from early in Hopkins's IBF title defenses
              That highlight reel you had in your sig a while ago (maybe you still do, don't remember) where he just tees off on Pavlik.
              The KD of Calzaghe
              Body shot of OLDH
              The KD of Tarver

THAT would be a badass sig.

By the way... I agree Hatton will beat Malignaggi's ass, and I'm not buying the "new" Hatton. If anything, his ass is way on the downslide, but... it won't take much to beat the Paulie that is freefalling from his prime as we speak.
              even one of the ring girls throwing her dirty panties at malignaggi couldn't change the outcome of this fight

Comment

I think I'm going with the Lipsey KO.

Comment

Originally posted by phallusy View Post
                  even one of the ring girls throwing her dirty panties at malignaggi couldn't change the outcome of this fight
                  That wouldn't help me at all. I'd dive headfirst ontop of them and stay on the canvas sniffing them while the ref counted 10.

Comment

What can I expect honestly? When has Glen ever gotten any credit? People actually think all of his losses were deserved, and that he's a "journeyman".

I might substitute the Johnson TKO with something else, but it'd have to be a damn great Hopkins knockout. A few spring to mind but I'm trying to decide on which one.
                    There is one that they show in the opening sequence of the Hopkins-Pavlik fight from HBO, and he crushes him with either a left hook or some sort of uppercut, right before they show the Allen looping right... that KO almost made my stomach turn.

God, Hopkins really was the most cold-blooded killer to ever get in the ring.

How can you all stand what he did against Taylor or Calzaghe? It's not even the same person fighting anymore... or so we thought. Pavlik was a taste of the old Hopkins.

Originally posted by phallusy View Post
                    We need to go panty plundering soon man.

Comment

There is one that they show in the opening sequence of the Hopkins-Pavlik fight from HBO, and he crushes him with either a left hook or some sort of uppercut, right before they show the Allen looping right... that KO almost made my stomach turn.

God, Hopkins really was the most cold-blooded killer to ever get in the ring.

How can you all stand what he did against Taylor or Calzaghe? It's not even the same person fighting anymore... or so we thought. Pavlik was a taste of the old Hopkins.

We need to go panty plundering soon man.

I don't remember seeing that clip, maybe it was Hopkins/Mitchell? I remember Hopkins KO'd Mitchell in the first, after aggressively nailing him with jabs, hooks and the straight right of course.

Can't say for sure without seeing the HBO clip.

And Mitchell wasn't a slouch, he had previousl ybeen in the ring with guys like Otis Grant and Gerald McClellan, and it was only Hopkins' 12th or 13th pro fight I think.

As for Bernard now a days, as long as he continues to pile up big name wins, I don't care. I can't expect him to do the impossible and KO guys in the first anymore, his style is well adapted for a man his age I think.

And while not as entertaining as the KO's, I still think his punch accuracy is highly entertaining. When he throws, he has a 95% chance of landing. And there's some entertainment value to be had watching a damn near 44 year old man land at will against opponets many years his junior.

Comment

Working...
                      X