Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will 24/7 brainwash people into believing pacquiao has a chance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thoughts exactly the 24/7 series does one thing TO SELL THE FIGHT. If they had people give there honest takes and how RJJ and Hatton had almost no chance the casual fan wouldn't buy.

Perfect example of this is the betting lines. Hatton-PBF opened up at 4 to 1 by fight night it was almost 2 to 1.Same hppened with Calz-RJJ my guy had it at 4 to 1 when the fight was announced ,it was down to 2 to 1 right before the fight. I made some good money on those fights. Took my guys money too cuz he believed the hype on both fights because of that 24/7.

Same is gonna happen with Pac-DLH. Pac has almost no chance. They gonna talk all the angles to sell the fight. Roach will sy ODLH can't pull the trigger. Right, Just like Vazquez and B-Hop should retire becuse they washed up and we all know what has happened since Roch left. It's all for the casual fan. The only question is: How long will DLH carry Pac? DLH will win now it'sjust depending on how long he wants to carry him.

Comment

pac huggers dont need brainwashing they already feel this way. for the general public it may convince them that he has more of a chance and that this fight is a legit fight for dlh. i'm intrigued and now looking forward to the fight, but i think he should have fought cotto, margs or PW at 147. but i guess theres just not as much money in those prospects.

Comment

Yep. The hype will really get people pumped for the fight and they'll find themselves expectin a real fight instead of an execution. Everybody will get a reality check on the 6th.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Italian View Post
          I agree with you on the 24/7 series...it does give your or attempt to give you a false feeling of each fighter...

it did make hatton look like he had a better shot than he did...it did make roy look like he's back but once you step away from the 24/7 series and really think about it you really come back to reality.

For example, Roy did look pretty impressive against trinidad and HBO showed that but you have to put it in perspective; he beat an OLD trinidad...not a PRIME trinidad and people forget that.

24/7 showed how hatton picked apart castillo in 4 rounds put he picked apart an OLD castillo who was fighting for the money at that point...

I see how its easy to get caught up in the 24/7 hype.

I do pick oscar to beat pacquaio by a decision but I do believe (and wouldnt be suprised) if pacquaio pulled out a win in the end. I mean come on, he's the p4p champ of the world...he has the speed and the strength while oscar isnt getting younger (he's out of his prime), and he's not as fast as he use to be.

It isnt unreasonable to think pacquaio cant use his age and speed in his favor to out hustle oscar to a decision.

pacman has a chance...he's CLEARLY the underdog but he DOES have a chance.

I still pick oscar to win it though.
          I agree with everything you said but Pacman is in for a long hard fight I see him getting knockedout or losing every round. His chances are slim to none.

Comment

No doubt they give the feeling a boxer has a chance. They also always reshow footage of a fighter in his prime dishing out some serious damage. Obviously for the unaware that don't realize that's the fighter when he was like 10 years younger or so and doesn't fight the same at all as was the case of Jones. I think the only time the 24/7 played backwards but also was to make you buy the PPV, was when they said Pavlik probably had no chance of KOing Hopkins. It made you want to see if he could do it when usually they are saying this fight won't go the distance, yadadada. With Pavlik-Hopkins they worked backwards saying Pavlik had no chance of KOing Hopkins to see if he could. They smart in advertising and that's the point of the series, otherwise they'd have no use for it and it would be wasted money.

Comment

Oh yeah and then the take on this fight. Well, I believe Manny is very much alive in this fight if he can take Oscar's punch. That'll be it. He's got more stamina than Oscar, more speed, and better overall movement. If he can take a shot that he'll eventually be caught by, then I don't see how he couldn't just outwork Oscar over 12rds. His biggest factor aside from taking the punch will be to neutralize Oscar's jab. Manny has always executed his gameplans just about in flawless and brutal fashion when he's highly motivated. It can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Puas View Post
                It brainwashed me into believing Roy had a chance.
                it brainwashes everyone that calslappy is a great fighter right now for beating an old and washed up jones.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Rizal View Post
                  I guess it's up to the viewer to take what 24/7 has to show with a grain of salt. Sorry Roy, that razzle-dazzle **** don't work any longer.
                  worked fine for calzaghe

Comment

Of course it'll brainwash people...they'll gobble it up.

I can't believe people were hyped for Jones-Calzaghe. That was a boring countdown series (at least I found it like that). Jones talking about his past days (great, but this is now), giving the wink and the click of the tongue (oh, you're a bad-ass, aren't you?), going to pep rallies and...I dunno. It seemed much more entertaining with Mayweather...we'll see how Pacquiao/DLH goes.

But as far as the brainwashing aspect, I can't wait to see what HBO's gonna' pull off to convince the fans something...

My brother after watching Jones-Calzaghe 24/7 thought Jones would win after watching all those video clips from his fights in the nineties...

Comment

i like the 24/7 series. and i like the countdowns. i try not to get caught up in all that stuff they try to present but i do think it is good for boxing to get people hyped about it. i mean they need everyone then can get to watch. the only backfire is when the fight ends up sucking.

Comment

Working...
                      X