Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it right for a champion to act like Calzaghe did?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its like you guys have never watched a calzaghe fight he taunts everyone jones was and should not have been an exception!

**** me he batterd lacy to death and was still taunting him and there was nothing lacy could do to stop him and it ruined him now thats worse and i still don't see nothing wrong with that!
    Roy is a legend but like Tarver said "stop saying respect this aint about respect"

Comment

• I sort of thought of it as an homage to Jones, same stunts he used to pull.

Comment

• Originally posted by RJJ The Truth View Post
        Did he ever do it while he was an elite fighter against a faded ATG?

Calzaghe obviously has no respect for Roy Jones Jr.
        maybe it's the detractors he has no respect for and he thought that humiliating an atg would should the ****ers up.

Comment

• what wasn't right is Roy not taking advantage of Joe's chin sticking out with his hands low. Roy should've mixed it up in there.

Comment

• Calzaghes behaviour was an utter disgrace, he is always the same.

I dont actually mind showboating when its omeone like Naz or Eubank and its all part of their persona, but with Calzaghe its just so false and doesnt fit in with who he is.

He just comes across as a complete and uitter disrespectfull arse, I was hoping Jones would land one on his chin and knock him out but it waas obvious it wasnt going to happen as he is so far past his prime.

Comment

• joe was making a statement, he is only 3 years younger than jones. Jones did more of these stuff in his prime. This is a fight, and joe is the man today. nothing wrong with that, as long as he dosn't get caught, more power to him....

Comment

• Calzaghe has never been a fans fighter, he's always been a bit off - just a bit too cocky but without being funny, clowning but rarely in a way that endears people to him.

At least thats the impression I've got from following his career. Cracking fighter though - putting that chin on a guy as awkward and active is one combination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pecs View Post
                  joe was making a statement, he is only 3 years younger than jones. Jones did more of these stuff in his prime. This is a fight, and joe is the man today. nothing wrong with that, as long as he dosn't get caught, more power to him....
                  you idiots still gonna use this argument? JONES IS TOTALLY SHOT OUT OF A GOD DAMN CANNON HE'S THE CANNONBALL MAN.

Comment

• Originally posted by RJJ The Truth View Post
                    Smiling in a sick sadistic way as he pounds a former boxing great who is a shell of a his former self. I could maybe understand if Roy was a mean guy, but being that hes not...I don't see why someone with class would do that.

This is different than the clowing Roy does, first of all Roy does it in a light hearted way. Even against Tito, you could tell it was just for show and they were smiling about it. Secondly he hasn't done it against a fighter on the way down, while he was still elite...

To me it was classless. **** even Lampley said, alright Joe you've proved your point.
                    this will make a WHOLE lot of fighters want Joe now.......Chad Dawson idolized Roy and that didn't sit well with the young gun. Joe is a marked man so its best he retires. I felt he was rubbin' it in a little too much for someone who gave him the UPMOST respect during the pre-fight build. Joe is a great fighter.....but he's not the ultimate professional like many would want or try to make us believe. He's a professional prize fighter crying out for recognition, that was all it was. It was NY....the Garden......he wanted to show his ass.

Comment

• **** the disparity here, Calzaghe if anything was giving Jones a comeuppance with the showboating. Jones is a nice guy outside the ring, but inside the ring he has been humiliating fighters his whole career, anybody who says he "didn't deserve" it has the wrong attitude, Jones isn't "above" certain things. I can appreciate it wasn't a prime Jones Jr., but he certainly wasn't 100% shot.

Comment

Working...
                      X