No announcement yet.

End Of An Era

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roy The Truth View Post
    yup.....its the end of RJJ, i thought he had more left than he did. But Roy tried tonight, I'm not disappointed in him.
    I couldn't agree more. I thought Roy had a little more in the tank than what he actually did. I knew he had lost some speed and footwork. Turns out it was a lot. He fought like a champ, And was proud of him. He still managed to put Joe's ass on the canvass at almost 40. Plus he showed tremendous heart.

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
      RJJ should come back against Chad Dawson in 2009! Jones can totally take him! And guess what else I heard? It's not just Jones coming back but RJ is back too! You know, his alter ego that totally kills guys that clown on him! Calzaghe beware or you'll end up like Tarver-Roy III! No Excuses, baby! He'll be Montell Griffining Dawson in one or two rounds!
      you're a classy fellow.

Comment

I'm sorry this had to happen. Goodbye, Roy, even Superman has to stop at some point.

52-5, Heart of a Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by JACK BURTON View Post
          I couldn't agree more. I thought Roy had a little more in the tank than what he actually did. I knew he had lost some speed and footwork. Turns out it was a lot. He fought like a champ, And was proud of him. He still managed to put Joe's ass on the canvass at almost 40. Plus he showed tremendous heart.
          i wasn't even that excited when roy dropped joe, i knew joe always comes back...it was a good start, but I still was worried.

Comment

Anybody with two eyes could see Roy was shot going into this thing. We have a lot of suckers on this site.

And yeah Roy didn't make excuses yet, but he also didn't after the Tarver fights...until it was time for another comeback, at which point he started letting excuses FLY. The excuses will come in a few months, just wait.

And you'll all get behind him again for his next big fight and I'll smirk and tell you how stupid you all are just like I did before this fight and just like I did before the third Tarver fight. Same old **** every day

Comment

It kills me that Hopkins is the one enjoying late success while Roy and Toney fade before our very eyes. Farewell to an ATG.

Comment

Well just got back from the fight and all I can say is....

Jones its time to retire. He looked alot slower and sluggish in this fight than any of his previous 6 fights. Even in the first 3 rounds his shots look much slower and his punches just weren't sharp enough. No fluidity whatsoever in Roys Punches. Joe was just embarrassing him sticking his face all in his face and Roy doing nothing. He didn't even want to throw any punches or combos whatsoever. Very disappointing.

I was the one who actually believe Roy would actually do something in this fight to make me think he would actually show flashes of his old self, but it never came. Looked terrible and he didn't even want to throw a punch while Joe would stay in his face with his hands down for like a second or 2.

Great performance by Joe, but all that taunting Jones at this stage of his career even when he was dominating in the later rounds proves to me this guy is a true douche bag. Ya Joe your beating him and dominating him and embarrassing him and still you want to taunt him even at the later rounds of the stage when you know Roy is clearly washed up like you said in your interviews before. Great performance, but Joe showed no class whatsoever in this fight and Roy should Retire after a performance like this. He was totally outclassed and showed no signs of improving and even when he knew he was down in the 12 round, he showed no heart or desire to try and go for the knockout.

Roys Done now and this should be his last fight. Theres nothing else to prove at this stage of his career. Roy you had a great career, but its time to hang them up before you end up like some of them fighters that fight way too long past there primes, such as Meldrick Taylor.

Comment

dude, you paid money to go to that fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Roy The Truth View Post
                    i wasn't even that excited when roy dropped joe, i knew joe always comes back...it was a good start, but I still was worried.
                    I was worried after he had Joe hurt, and couldn't put a combo together, and then looked winded after the round. I thought "Roy doesn't look good at all tonight."

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                      It kills me that Hopkins is the one enjoying late success while Roy and Toney fade before our very eyes. Farewell to an ATG.
                      yeah that irks me so much................

Comment

Working...
                      X