No announcement yet.

WBC orders Vitali to face Gomez next.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBC orders Vitali to face Gomez next.

The WBC convention in China has decided that Vitali Klitschko must defend his title against Juan Carlos Gomez.

The fight is to take place in Germany in March.

Vitali had hoped for Valuev and isn't exited about the prospect of facing Gomez: "We are not interested. Vitali has already knocked Gomez out in sparring", manager Bernd Bönte says to ARD.

A Champ had to make his mandatories and this is Juan Carloz Gomez.

Wlad is a real Champion, he always makes his mandatories.

In German TV Wlad said, he wants to fight Valuev next and this would be the better fight in spring.

So Vitali should fight his mandatory, Gomez. He deserves it.

Comment

Originally posted by BatTheMan View Post
      The WBC convention in China has decided that Vitali Klitschko must defend his title against Juan Carlos Gomez.

The fight is to take place in Germany in March.

Vitali had hoped for Valuev and isn't exited about the prospect of facing Gomez: "We are not interested. Vitali has already knocked Gomez out in sparring", manager Bernd Bönte says to ARD.
      I wanna see Gomez get the chance, they should strip vitali if he doesnt want to face Gomez.

Comment

I hoped Wlad would take on Gomez in december. He would have been a better replacement than Rahman. Two very good technicians and Gomez beat Wlad as an amateur. Wlad would knock him out, but I think it would have been a great match-up.
        Vitali got no time to waste and I think he's only going to fight once more (twice at best).

Comment

Originally posted by elbonzoseco View Post
          I hoped Wlad would take on Gomez in december. He would have been a better replacement than Rahman. Two very good technicians and Gomez beat Wlad as an amateur. Wlad would knock him out, but I think it would have been a great match-up.
          Vitali got no time to waste and I think he's only going to fight once more (twice at best).
          Wlad never boxed against Gomez as an amateur. Wlad had to make his own mandatory.

Vitali had to make his mandatory and fight against Gomez.

Comment

Vitali should fight Valuev and ditch the WBC belt. That's the fight I want to see.

Comment

Wlad never lost to Gomez as an amateur. Wlad chose Rahman because he's the next highest ranked IBF heavyweight, and so he'll qualify as a mandatory. Now Wlad won't need to fight Povetkin in 2009.

It will be great to see Vitali vs. Gomez, since Valuev will not fight a Klitschko. Slowly but surely, the Klitschkos will clean out the heavyweight division.

Comment

Vitali should defend that belt, that's part of being a champion and Gomez is a talented heavyweight who offers Vitali a significant challenge.

Comment

Gomez claims to have beaten him. He said it around the time Vitali fought Peter. I don't care who shuts him up for good, I'm a fan of both brothers, but I think Wlad vs. Gomez is the better fight, Vitali would just destroy him.
                  I wonder what Gomez was talking about, maybe it was just another infamous "Gym-story".

Comment

Should be a very good fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X