No announcement yet.

WBC orders Vitali to face Gomez next.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmaclv View Post
    Vitali fights Gomez in March then after Valuev and Holyfield fight, he can fight Valuev as long as Chagaev doesn't fight Valuev ya kno? I'm pretty sure Vitali wants to unify and then retire when he and his brother have all five titles, that'd suck cuz Haye or Arreola have alright chances against Vitali but we won't ever find out.
    haye wants wlad, that fight is going to happen sometime or another, dont worry about that. if arreola proves himself to be worthy, eventually he will get a shot too. trust me, wlad is all about cleaning up the division, the dude doesnt dodge anyone.

if vitali retires, then wlad will just unify. at one point or another, all the titles are going to belong to the klitschkos, regardless if its one or the other. the only problem is title holders potentially dodging, like chagaev not wanting any part of the klitschkos was a good example.

also other politics getting in the way, like the valuev/klitschko fights.

a good thing about evander beating valuev is that evander has the balls to get in with one of the klitschkos, not that valuev doesnt, but it seems with his promotion and tv obligations or what ever it was, that a valuev - klitschko fight may never happen. evander may be a different story, especially at this stage in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by dmaclv View Post
      Vitali fights Gomez in March then after Valuev and Holyfield fight, he can fight Valuev as long as Chagaev doesn't fight Valuev ya kno? I'm pretty sure Vitali wants to unify and then retire when he and his brother have all five titles, that'd suck cuz Haye or Arreola have alright chances against Vitali but we won't ever find out.
      Can you sell me a bottle of what your drinking

Comment

I've got up to 500K on Vitali, whoever he fights next.

Comment

Fair enough, Gomez earned his shot. But I think Vitali embarrasses him still.

Comment

Originally posted by Jupiter Maximus View Post
            Can you sell me a bottle of what your drinking
            Great post, glad we have a comedian of your caliber in here. I'll clean out your points bettin on Haye or Arreola for their next fights. Don't have to thank me dog.

Comment

The WBC dug themselves into a hole when they granted Vitali a shot at the belt if he ever came back... Because he came back at a time when the WBC was already behind with Eliminators due to Vitali's injury and then Maskaev not fighting for a year etc etc.. This guy Gomez has earned his shot... and the WBC is correct in not letting Vitali fight an Option..

That all being said.. Gomez is good.. but not good enough to make the fight anything more than slightly interesting..

Comment

Originally posted by paul750 View Post
                It's for the heavyweight title, though. I think even Gomez can muster enough willpower to truly prepare himself for this fight.

We'll have to wait and see.
                I ilke this fight a lot.

You know why does Valuev get a pass and the big shot at the Klits when he beats Ruiz who gets every chance in the world for every title despite losing?.
                Why doesn't Valuev have to redeem himself against Chagaev?

Imagine if Chagaev and a Vitali fight was staged. ****, it would be a doctor's dream because they would never ever be healthy at the same time.

Comment

Finally get to see Gomez fight. Looking forward to this one.

Comment

Vitali should just fight Gomez and get it over with. Wlad did not want to fight Ray Austin however he was forced to by the IBF and even though Wlad was reluctant, he still fought Austin and knocked Austin out. Same thing he did when the WBO forced him to fight Tony "the tiger" Thompson. Wlad did not want to fight him but did so because Thompson was his mandatory. Same as Povetkin. Wlad did not want to fight him but the IBF told him he needed to. It is the right thing to do if you want to hold onto these alphabet titles. Vitali should look at it this way. If he fights Gomez and defeats Gomez, then that clears the way for him to fight Valuev.

Comment

For awhile it appeared that Vitali wasn't interested in defending his title against Gomez, but in recent interviews he is now stating that he will defend it against him. This is good news because fans get to see Vitali back in action before his planned mega fight with David Haye this summer. Should be an interesting fight...

Comment

Working...
                      X