WITH JUST a week to go until his next contest Peckham fighter Danny Williams is still waiting to find out who will be stepping into the ring with him.
Williams was due to fight John McDermott in a British Title rematch on November 8, but the Basildon man pulled out when ribs damaged in their first contest in July did not heal in time.
Speaking to the ‘News’ Williams admitted the waiting game was leaving him on edge. He said: “Every time the phone rings I am hoping the promoters are on the other end with a new opponent.”
Rumours had been rife that familiar British names such as Audley Harrison or Michael Sprott, both of whom Williams has fought before, but it appears the net has been cast further afield.
He added: “We have lined up three American opponents, but one by one they have all fallen through.”
His promoters Hennessy Sports once again confirmed they thought the contest would still take place, but would not confirm whom they were lining up.
Meanwhile the frustrating waiting game goes on for the Peckham man: “As I said every time the phone rings I hope it is the news I want, I was told we would have something by now but the wait goes on.”
Keep visiting www.southwarknews.co.uk where updates will be placed in the run up to his British Title defence.
Comment