Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something that bothers me that RJJ said in 24/7..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post

A Prime Roy Jones Jr is better...but I wouldn't doubt that this version right now could possibly do it either. If he gets in there and sees he can do something to Calzaghe, especially hurt him, his confidence, given the high circumstances, might Superman up.

Hulk agrees. Fighters that have suffered bad defeats (unexpected when supposed dominant) often have all kinds of problems. It isn't just the mystique that has worn off. It isn't that they have lost anything physically.
    It purely comes down to that sheer minimal touch of self doubt.
    It stops your flow. You hesitate to just do what you always used to.
    I'm sure that his conscious is fine now.
    The subconscious just causes the most minimal delay. You don't just think about attacking. You are always aware that you might get caught and that changes you in the tiniest but most significant way.

Hulk has no doubt Roy could pull off an upset. But only if he was a different person with the same body.

Hulk would love to see it though. Grar!

Comment

This is a money fight for Joe, what else is in it for him?

Comment

Originally posted by TRUTH View Post
        I've never heard of Roy Jones Jr. having money problems, so to say he'll be bankrupt is strange to me. Roy Jones is a smart man.
        He's smart cuz he know there are alot of idiots that would pay to see this fight.

Comment

To me RJ DEFINITELY meant that at this point many people wouldnt consider it a really big deal if JC beats him.... I know for sure he wasnt saying that it was HIS thoughts, it is the thoughts of fans, writers, etc etc...

Comment

I dont think that it was actualy coming from Roy himself, i think he was implying that the writers, fans etc will say it.

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
              To me RJ DEFINITELY meant that at this point many people wouldnt consider it a really big deal if JC beats him.... I know for sure he wasnt saying that it was HIS thoughts, it is the thoughts of fans, writers, etc etc...
              Yeah but Scully...he made losing an option... Heck even before Bhop fougt Joe.. and a reporters asked "If you win...."Bhop would say "you mean WHEN I win .."

and Joe was saying in 24/7 "No way I lose this fight.."..

Comment

Originally posted by Low Blow Armo View Post
                He's smart cuz he know there are alot of idiots that would pay to see this fight.
                I'm not an idiot, just a fan of a fighter. How many Tyson fans would miss a Tyson fight? Or how many Calzaghe fans would miss his fights? As a fan you like to see your favorite fighter fight.

Comment

Yeah that was a dumb thing to say. Calzaghe is older and past his prime too. Its not like Calzaghe is in his prime and Jones is always ones who fights everybody. So to lose this one means nothing.

Another thing that was werid was whatever he said in the car. He found a person walking on the road and it was god talking to him. That he was trying to be a killer and god sent this guy to him to tell him not to be a killer so he could win his fights? Or something like that. wtf haha

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar View Post
                    Yeah that was a dumb thing to say. Calzaghe is older and past his prime too. Its not like Calzaghe is in his prime and Jones is always ones who fights everybody. So to lose this one means nothing.

Another thing that was werid was whatever he said in the car. He found a person walking on the road and it was god talking to him. That he was trying to be a killer and god sent this guy to him to tell him not to be a killer so he could win his fights? Or something like that. wtf haha
                    yeah i didnt get what he said about that :S

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar View Post

Last time I checked Calzaghe is supposed to be this god fighter and hes ranked top 3 p4p in the world. last i checked, roy jones is suppose to be done, 4-1 underdog. So if roy wins, thats not a huge win? maybe i'm misunderstanding you, if i am, my bad.

Comment

Working...
                      X