Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The majority of boxing writers were wrong pre-fight = a boxer shows true greatness?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goldenglove2 View Post
    You can say limited or not skill full ALL you want..blah blah blah,,,

He cleaned out MW (with the exception of AA) and did it by KNOCKING EVERYONE OUT including the guy that beat Hops back to back...
    Did I not describe him as a "good but not great" fighter?

Comment

Originally posted by bsrizpac View Post
      Aren't a lot of boxers entire career based on defying the odds? I mean it seems to me the the "big fights" the define most of the greats and legends in the modern era seem to be odds defying. I could be wrong. I mean I see your point, but that's how it always seem to be.

A better question is, what defines greatness?
      tbh, I think I've still not expended all my bragging energy from last month.

It's actually AMAZING that if Joe beats Roy I'll be able to brag about that to 45% of this forum, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Duke McKenzie_ View Post

It's actually AMAZING that if Joe beats Roy I'll be able to brag about that to 45% of this forum, too.
        You don't look at a forum but real life betting to see who is the favorite is
        Last edited by Flawless 2; 10-28-2008, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Duke McKenzie_ View Post

I called the Joe Hops fight. And I'm calling the Roy Joe fight too. No need to brag. Plenty of idiots on both sides of these kinds of arguments.

I mean anyone can be wrong in fight predictions. But it's easier than team sports I supposed because there are fewer variables. I just think Roy was done way back in 03-04. If he wins, it will be very unlikely and cast huge doubts on Joe's status. That said, I can't see how he would win this fight.

Comment

I called the Joe Hops fight. And I'm calling the Roy Joe fight too. No need to brag. Plenty of idiots on both sides of these kinds of arguments.

I mean anyone can be wrong in fight predictions. But it's easier than team sports I supposed because there are fewer variables. I just think Roy was done way back in 03-04. If he wins, it will be very unlikely and cast huge doubts on Joe's status. That said, I can't see how he would win this fight.
            Ive been dead wrong latley..

I had Hops to beat up Joe.

I had Tarver to whoop up on Dawson and

I had KP to put a beating on Hops..

I suck and predicting...

Comment

I know, I don't take NSB as seriously as I should. I just 70% idiots posting (and that's being generous) so just call people a **** and talk about Danny Williams.

Yeah, Roy's done.

Comment

Working...
              X