• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
    Oscar clearly beat floyd 116-112
    Yeah i totally disagree.

imo it was a clear win for Floyd.

It is obvious though you are only saying that to annoy flawless.

Originally posted by Flawless 2 View Post
    My real score would be seen as extremist boxing score card so I go along with the majority
    i bet it was 120-107.

Originally posted by Joe2608 View Post
    Your real card would be **** and untrue because you clearly don't know how to score a boxing match properly.
    ^^^^^
    Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless 2 View Post
      My real score would be seen as extremist boxing score card so I go along with the majority
      So basically you're admitting you don't know how to score a fight.

let me help
      Fighter A when he wins a round gets 10, fighter B who lost the round get's 9 or less depending on whether there was a knockdown scored decreasing one point for everyone and points are lost depending on how badly he lost the round. Even rounds can be given.

Do that for 12 rounds and remember than thing you learnt when you were young? It's called addition or +

use it.

Comment

i had it 115-113 for hopkins 6-5-1...lol at that video...whats sad is those 10 punches were probably the only clean, effective punches you could find the whole fight.

Comment

Originally posted by X89 View Post
          i had it 115-113 for hopkins 6-5-1...lol at that video...whats sad is those 10 punches were probably the only clean, effective punches you could find the whole fight.
          I just finished to watch the fight with german comment so i couldnt get any bias. I agree, those were the only shots Calzaghe landed, other than that he was just windmilling the air or Bhop's shoulders and arms, while Bernard was countering him effectively all nights with hooks over the jab and straight rights. I bet those rights were so fast and short and covered by the pittypatting going on the judges never saw them. I could give Calzaghe round 6, round 9, round 11 and 12. Hopkins had him down in the 1st and rocked him in the 7th and 8th. On the inside Calzaghe wasnt able to do ****, when he couldnt find his distance anymore he resorted to rabbit punching or hitting the back of the head. So yes in my opinion Hopkins won.

Comment

Originally posted by djsygo View Post
            I just finished to watch the fight with german comment so i couldnt get any bias. I agree, those were the only shots Calzaghe landed, other than that he was just windmilling the air or Bhop's shoulders and arms, while Bernard was countering him effectively all nights with hooks over the jab and straight rights. I bet those rights were so fast and short and covered by the pittypatting going on the judges never saw them. I could give Calzaghe round 6, round 9, round 11 and 12. Hopkins had him down in the 1st and rocked him in the 7th and 8th. On the inside Calzaghe wasnt able to do ****, when he couldnt find his distance anymore he resorted to rabbit punching or hitting the back of the head. So yes in my opinion Hopkins won.
            On the inside? There was no inside fighting as soon as Joe got on the inside Hopkins started clinching. Round's 7 & 8 Joe was hurt? I've watched it several times Joe wasn't hurt anywhere other than the 1st. He was caught with a few good hooks in the 10th at the bell but Joe "showboated" them off.

I had it for Joe, Hopkins just didn't do enough that night unfortunalty. He didn't do jack past the 3rd spare the 10th when he took a low blow to regain his wind.

Comment

that video makes him and setanta look even worse. "that was his best punch of the fight!" the punch clearly missed and didnt touch hopkins face lol. most the clips he's not even landing cleanly haha this is sad. he landed a couple of pushed left hands and that was it. thats your highlight video? if thats all you got then that's pathetic. HOPKINS WON FACE IT CALZAGHE IS A DISGRACE

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                On the inside? There was no inside fighting as soon as Joe got on the inside Hopkins started clinching. Round's 7 & 8 Joe was hurt? I've watched it several times Joe wasn't hurt anywhere other than the 1st. He was caught with a few good hooks in the 10th at the bell but Joe "showboated" them off.

I had it for Joe, Hopkins just didn't do enough that night unfortunalty. He didn't do jack past the 3rd spare the 10th when he took a low blow to regain his wind.

This happens in the 7th, its very fast even with slowmo. If you see this scene from the other angle shown in the fight you see his feet chickening for a second. For rocked i dont mean hurt, but right before that. Theres a similar episode in the 6th, also in other parts of the fight, but i really cant make gifs...
                speaking about inside...youre right, anyway shots like this 1 from Bernard imo are inside punches, he was able to find this distance, joe couldnt because he throws from the side of his body, not from the center to get inside the others gusrd.
                Last edited by djsygo; 10-27-2008, 09:12 PM.

Comment

if calzaghes "best punch of the fight" didn't even land what does that say about the rest of his punches? huh mr. blind setanta announcer

Comment

He didn't land anything clean or hard, but he outworked Bernard.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
                      He didn't land anything clean or hard, but he outworked Bernard.
                      wrong he had hopkins holding on for dear life. didnt he? if i say it it must be true.

Comment

Working...
                      X