Im interested in IceMan John Scullys prediction of Jones/Calzaghe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i hope manfredo wins. he deserves it

Comment

Not so sure about NOW...but back in the day if Joe tried to stay in there and "outwork" Roy I could easily see him getting blitzed with some vicious and serious counter punches that would make him rethink his plan
      Last edited by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY; 11-05-2008, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Well, what do you think?? It would be HUGE if RJ were to win... bigger than SRL coming back to titles after losing so badly to Tiger Jones

Comment

hes gata win john, hes gata!

Comment

RJ's current state (It's happened to the best of them)...It is as if the neurons that connect the brain to the muscles have been severed...you tell yourself, "Throw a blistering flurry, let it go!!" But your muscles do not get the message. Your mind is very willing, the body hardly at all...
            Last edited by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY; 11-09-2008, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Floyd retired from boxing, he didn't let boxing retire him.

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
                RJ's current state (It's happened to the best of them)...It is as if the neurons that connect the brain to the muscles have been severed...you tell yourself, "Throw a blistering flurry, let it go!!" But your muscles do not get the message. Your mind is very willing, the body hardly at all...
                What did you think of Calzaghe?

Comment

same goes for Calzaghe, he isnt exactly a spring chicken either ... maybe Father Time caught up with him.

Comment

Originally posted by !! 2Tough !! View Post
                    same goes for Calzaghe, he isnt exactly a spring chicken either ... maybe Father Time caught up with him.
                    I don't see any comparison at all between the two...Joe was letting his hands go in fluid combination like a 20 year old might...he picked and placed his shots VERY well...he had the head movement going (even had a couple Mayweather moments there), he was confident, cocky, loose, in great shape...his brain was working in tandem with his body....NO comparison physically and mentally between him and RJ at this point

Comment

I don't see any comparison at all between the two...Joe was letting his hands go in fluid combination like a 20 year old might...he picked and placed his shots VERY well...he had the head movement going (even had a couple Mayweather moments there), he was confident, cocky, loose, in great shape...his brain was working in tandem with his body....NO comparison physically and mentally between him and RJ at this point
                      What about prime for prime?

Are you one of those who thinks Roy would blow him away with ease or do you think it would be a lot closer?

I personally think that Roy wasn't so far slid that it means he would lose to someone who didn't stand at least a chance in his prime, but I would like to know your take on the situation.

Comment

Working...
                      X