No announcement yet.

Im interested in IceMan John Scullys prediction of Jones/Calzaghe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
    You don't have a damn clue either about the prime on prime fantasy match.

Roy was a fantastic specimen "in his prime" (which is taken to mean..before Tarver knocked him out with one punch). But, nobody has ever exposed Joe Calzaghe. NOBODY.

Since you asked for one, I'll give you one clue: Confusion. I've never seen a Calzaghe opponent that wasn't confused by Calzaghe's style. Not one. Confused fighters tend to lock up and become uncertain, just like Roy did last night. I sincerely doubt that youth alone would have alleviated this condition.
    guess you forgot the hopkins fight when hopkins totally shut him down and he couldn't land a single clean punch. calzaghe was the only frustrated and confused one in the ring that night. go on fighting shot fighters and overhyped bums calzaghe. these nuthuggers will fall for anything you do. you got them eating out of the palm of your hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
      guess you forgot the hopkins fight when hopkins totally shut him down and he couldn't land a single clean punch. calzaghe was the only frustrated and confused one in the ring that night. go on fighting shot fighters and overhyped bums calzaghe. these nuthuggers will fall for anything you do. you got them eating out of the palm of your hand.
      Oh...I was sure that Calzaghe beat Hopkins. In fact, I am sure of it. And, Hopkins was just as confused as the rest. But, veteran performer that he is, Hopkins masterfully bowed out of the fight with a smile on his face.

Comment

• buhuhfnffff

Comment

• Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
          I do not think you fully understand what adversity is...I mean, are you actually saying there were not times Roy faced adversity and overcame it?? Of course he did... plenty of times...and he did so in a way that made it look so simple... you notice the times he didnt...BECAUSE he didnt, you know what I mean? And for the record, I dont put RJ down as GOD or anything like that..he had weaknesses, I know this...but he overcame them for the most part.... the guy was great, no question about it and, contrary to what you say LOL even though I certainly held my own in most of our sessions (for the record, I was always better in the gym anyway, for better or worse), I still know enough to know how good the guy was. People want to use his last few years against him as proof of a lack of greatness but that...would be like using outings against Fullmer, Pender and Tiger Jones against Walker Smith's legacy
          Okay Scully tell me, what major adversity Roy has had to face inside the ring(what, him getting jobbed at the Olympics).

Obviously, there's no way of me knowing of what went on behind the scenes for each and every single one of his pro fights, he simply blazed through everyone with f**kin' ease due to his much superior athletic ability, you cannot tell me that he didn't have it easier than most fighters due to his God-given physical talent alone.

I know RJJ was a hard working world-class athlete, atleast to me he never seemed out of shape for a fight. But bottomline, all he had to do was swing his arm and guys either fell or turned into a shell PERIOD. RJJ had it easier in that ring than most.

RJJ had it so easy in his fights that he never had much use for his jab, like the rest of his human opponents.

So tell me Ice, why does every friggin' coach/fighter/including you, advice fighters on fighting behind the jab? You and I know that the jab is the single most important punch in the history of the sport. And guess what, Roy could careless about the d*mn jab. Hmm, the baddest mofo didn't bother with the most important punch, why is that?

Is it because of adversity, or maybe lack thereof. you tell me.
          Last edited by We want Floyd; 11-10-2008, 01:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bsrizpac View Post
            Really loved how he folded in Tarver 1.
            Against the bigger stronger Ruiz.
            Against Griffin in part 2.

Loved it. Get a clue.
            Out of the three, I'd only give him credit for Tarver 1. Ruiz was the definition of "cherry picked" he was simply made to order for Jones and to top it all off, Roy was getting some assistance from the ref as well, I didn't think it mattered, but facts are facts, the ref did take Ruiz out of his gameplan. Griffin, I knew he has gonna give Roy fits, I didn't think Roy was in any danger in that fight, Griffin was short, hard to hit,crafty, awkward and strong.

Comment

• Originally posted by MASGAGOMEXI View Post
              Okay Scully tell me, what major adversity Roy has had to face inside the ring(what, him getting jobbed at the Olympics).

Obviously, there's no way of me knowing of what went on behind the scenes for each and every single one of his pro fights, he simply blazed through everyone with f**kin' ease due to his much superior athletic ability, you cannot tell me that he didn't have it easier than most fighters due to his God-given physical talent alone.

I know RJJ was a hard working world-class athlete, atleast to me he never seemed out of shape for a fight. But bottomline, all he had to do was swing his arm and guys either fell or turned into a shell PERIOD. RJJ had it easier in that ring than most.

STFU

Comment

• seriously who the **** knows more than john scully here......no one....

Comment

• Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                  seriously who the **** knows more than john scully here......no one....
                  No, I don't know more than Scully. But Scully himself has said he has been wrong numerous times, I know there has been times that I've done better on predicting outcomes of fights, of course I don't know more than him, but he has admitted to being wrong about a sport he has spent a lifetime on, he has even been wrong on numerous predictions when alot of members on this site had a better outcome.

All i know is what I've seen from all of Roy's fights, amazing talent, disciplined and well-conditioned. But when it comes to tenacity and that shear will to win, he doesn't have it like the PAC's, Holyfield's, Chavez's and the Ali's of the world.
                  Last edited by We want Floyd; 11-10-2008, 01:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MASGAGOMEXI View Post
                    No, I don't know more than Scully. But Scully himself has said he has been wrong numerous times, I know there has been times that I've done better on predicting outcomes of fights, of course I don't know more than him, but he has admitted to being wrong about a sport he has spent a lifetime on, he has even been wrong on numerous predictions when alot of members on this site had a better outcome.

All i know is what I've seen from all of Roy's fights, amazing talent, disciplined and well-conditioned. But when it comes to tenacity and that shear will to win, he doesn't have it like the PAC's, Holyfield's, Chavez's and the Ali's of the world.
                    wait...didnt pacquaio quit for a headbutt against an easy opponent??........didnt pacquiao not get up from a low blow even though he was gonna get counted out??.......didnt chavez quit like 5 times????isnt he a crying little ***** every ****ing time things dont go his way??

Ali and Holyfield are warriors, that is undeniable......but then again theres so much steroid evidence against holyfield(i dnt think it erases holyfields obvious heart, but still)...

Comment

• i'm obviously exaggerating, but seriously everyone has their bad moments....

Comment

Working...
                      X