Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Iceman John Scully Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, that's it BROTHERHOOD...my boy trains there, a lightweight from England named Rajiv Bhattacharya. You know him???

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
      Yea, that's it BROTHERHOOD...my boy trains there, a lightweight from England named Rajiv Bhattacharya. You know him???
      hmm... dont know rajiv. im there mon, wed, and fri, so maybe he comes in tues, thurs, sat? not sure, but i would probably know him if he was at the gym- its very small. Only one ring...

so does that mean you're coming tomorrow or next sat? i have work and then im going to AC tomorrow to see B-Hop-Pavlik, but if its next week, I'll definately make sure to be at the gym that day!

Comment

Originally posted by R I Z O View Post
        I can answer your question.

To the best of my knowledge, he wanted to emulate his father, who was a southpaw.

Sorry if you wanted to hear it from John and sorry x2 if I'm wrong. LOL
        Chad and both of his brothers, all three of them, are southpaws. Never known them to be right handers. And one thing to kind of clear up... the guy who started all three of them as amateurs, the guy who brought them all over the country to tournaments, trained them in the gym everyday, was Brian Clark, not their dad. He's a good guy and all....maybe showed them things at home or something, who knows, but when they are were kids all through the amateurs Brian definitely gave them their base...it's his training style they were taught to begin with.

When I took over training Chad he was already super slick and athletic etc...I worked with him on being more professional than amateur, that's where my input came in...I worked hard with him on his jab, body shots, a straighter and faster left hand, etc

Comment

Originally posted by mspiegelo View Post
          hmm... dont know rajiv. im there mon, wed, and fri, so maybe he comes in tues, thurs, sat? not sure, but i would probably know him if he was at the gym- its very small. Only one ring...

so does that mean you're coming tomorrow or next sat? i have work and then im going to AC tomorrow to see B-Hop-Pavlik, but if its next week, I'll definately make sure to be at the gym that day!
          You are 178? How many fights do u have? If you want to, we could spar. I could bring a real good 132 open as well

Comment

You are 178? How many fights do u have? If you want to, we could spar. I could bring a real good 132 open as well
            Hey Ice. I would love to spar you. It would be an honor. I gotta mention that I haven't fought yet. I am subnovice. I will fight NYC golden gloves in 2010. I am training very hard (did 4 hours today) and have sparred some good boxers, but never any pros, let alone a pro of your caliber. You'd definately have to work with me, but there would be others that could give you additional rounds. We have good open lightweights to match against your boy.

Call Ray at the gym. he's my trainer and the owner of the gym. He might get peeved with me if i set up sparring with you without asking him first, but I am 100% down. the number is 718-366-6586

Comment

Chad and both of his brothers, all three of them, are southpaws. Never known them to be right handers. And one thing to kind of clear up... the guy who started all three of them as amateurs, the guy who brought them all over the country to tournaments, trained them in the gym everyday, was Brian Clark, not their dad. He's a good guy and all....maybe showed them things at home or something, who knows, but when they are were kids all through the amateurs Brian definitely gave them their base...it's his training style they were taught to begin with.

When I took over training Chad he was already super slick and athletic etc...I worked with him on being more professional than amateur, that's where my input came in...I worked hard with him on his jab, body shots, a straighter and faster left hand, etc
              I understand that. By the way, I'm not trying to say one person deserves more credit than another or anything to that effect.

I actually heard this on Showtime (that Chad is a natural right hander but chooses to fight southpaw to emulate his father)

Comment

Hi Iceman,
                first of all when's the book coming out?
                I'm a big rjj fan from day one..you spent some time with him back in the 90's..whats he like outside the ring?
                did you and rjj ever talk about gerald mcclelan after the benn fight?
                thanks Ice your a legend

Comment

Originally posted by mspiegelo View Post
                  Hey Ice. I would love to spar you. It would be an honor. I gotta mention that I haven't fought yet. I am subnovice. I will fight NYC golden gloves in 2010. I am training very hard (did 4 hours today) and have sparred some good boxers, but never any pros, let alone a pro of your caliber. You'd definately have to work with me, but there would be others that could give you additional rounds. We have good open lightweights to match against your boy.
                  I will check with your coach and with my boy that trains there...I can bring my 132 and maybe a couple other guys...a 139 novice, etc...Saturday is a big sparring day there??

Comment

Originally posted by peleroy View Post
                    Hi Iceman,
                    first of all when's the book coming out?
                    I'm a big rjj fan from day one..you spent some time with him back in the 90's..whats he like outside the ring?
                    did you and rjj ever talk about gerald mcclelan after the benn fight?
                    thanks Ice your a legend
                    I have known RJ since 1988...first saw him in 86 or 87, though...never really talked to him about Gerald, though...I actually have a photo of them two together that I took back in 1988 at Sugar Ray Leonard's gym...it was taken about one month after they fought each other in Omaha at the nationals...Roy has always been very cool with me outside the ring...I saw him in NYC earlier this year and he took a photo with my daughter and then the next day signed it (the photographer had an 8X10 copy made up....actually I will posthere for you...

Comment

October 2007 actually

Comment

Working...
                      X