No announcement yet.

The Official Iceman John Scully Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
    Well, it's like a jungle in there sometimes...you feel as though your life is on the line, sometimes imminently....you do what you feel you have to do at that moment...it worked out for Tito
    Thanks for getting back to me, I just saw your response now.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
      Hey John

Who do you think is the best promotional company in boxing right now??

Do you think the sport will be better off when Arum and King retire/die??
      Boxing will always have promoters who want to put he big fights on..and both of those guys have someone in mind to take over for them after they leave us...the best today? No idea who the best is....they all (DiBella, STAR, Golden Boy, etc) have their attributes...whoever puts on regular shows, their cool with me

Comment

• Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
        Iceman, i would like to know what you think of mixed martial arts, do you enjoy it?

Thanks in advance!
        I actually train at THE LION'S DEN in Connecticut, the east coast branch of Ken Shamrock's gym...he was here at our grand opening a few weeks ago...never seen him fight before but a lot of people showed up to meet him...I didnt get the hance to do so...he and I verbally went at it a year ago on an internet radio show...so maybe I didn't try so hard to go out of my way to meet and greet him on opening day LOLOL

Comment

Many boxing onsiders feel strongly that a New York based company owned by talk show host Jerry Spinger controls the majority of the sanctioning bodies, cable companies (HBO, SHOWTIME), and promoters. Its a crazy world, man. Jerry isnt what he appears to be
          There's also a Republican wanna-be president, former war vet who has a huge influence in the business of boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by MASGAGOMEXI View Post
            There's also a Republican wanna-be president, former war vet who has a huge influence in the business of boxing.

He's small potatoes, man...it's Springer who is behind all the crazinesss. Jerry Springer

Comment

He's small potatoes, man...it's Springer who is behind all the crazinesss. Jerry Springer
              Exactly what does this "company" influence in boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by MASGAGOMEXI View Post

Everything and anything...Springer, man, he is the force behind it all...everyone in boxing knows this....old news...

Comment

• Iceman... you know anybody or any teams from Columbus, OH?

or any surrounding areas?

Comment

Everything and anything...Springer, man, he is the force behind it all...everyone in boxing knows this....old news...
                    Jerry Springer?? this Jerry???

i'd never link Jerry Springer and boxing together in my wildest dreams

Originally posted by MASGAGOMEXI View Post
                    yes...... do tell

Comment

• Originally posted by iBox4Real View Post
                      Iceman... you know anybody or any teams from Columbus, OH?

or any surrounding areas?
                      I know a lot of people from Columbus... my good friend, former two-time opponent and one of the great amateurs of all-time Darin Allen is from there as is my man Jerry Page, 1984 Olympic Gold Medalist at 139. Vonzell Johnson is still training amateur boxers there, too, from what he tells me. I used to be friends with Tony Snow (RIP). Broderick Harper, Troy Speakman. Columbus is/was home to many boxers I know and/or am friends with.

Comment

Working...
                      X