No announcement yet.

Our iceman trained bad chad dawson?? when? iceman tell me about it!! whoo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
    Ice i see you sparred Roy Jones a few times.........was one in the Ams and in the Pros?

how was that?

Comment

Originally posted by iBox4Real View Post
      woooow..........crazy, so i mean, when a promoter like Gary Shaw steps in, do they make new suggestions as far as who should be training the fighter now??

im a loyal person and would be against changing trainers just cuz my promoter thinks he knows whats best
      I've never spoken to Shaw... he came in and underhandedly stole Chad away, Chad wanted me to stay on as his trainer but because he was leaving his manager that wasnt possible because of the gym situation...it's no surprise though that Chad ended up leaving a few days later to go train in Florida with Birmingham ...the guy who just so happened to train Shaw's other star, Lacy. So Shaw no doubt got what he wanted
      Last edited by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY; 10-15-2008, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Ice i see you sparred Roy Jones a few times.........was one in the Ams and in the Pros?

how was that?
        I've sparred with RJ many times...several times as an amateur and even more as a pro

Comment

I've never spoken to Shaw... he came in and underhandedly stole Chad away, Chad wanted me to stay on as his trainer but because he was leaving his manager that wasnt possible because of the gym situation...it's no surprise though that Chad ended up leaving a few days later to go train in Florida with Birmingham ...the guy who just so happened to train Shaw's other star, Lacy. So Shaw no doubt got what he wanted
          man.........the boxing business is a dirty game

I've sparred with RJ many times...several times as an amateur and even more as a pro
          how that go...........have you ever had doubts before sparring a guy? like damn, i might be in for an ass kicking on this one.

Comment

To tell u the truth, especially while I was very active as a pro, I didn't worry about sparring with ANYBODY and really, and anyone who knows me will tell you, I have always made it a point to get the best possible sparring for myself. Often times I would drive two hours each way to different gyms by myself just to get sparring with the best guys I could. When I would box RJ I did so as a member of the camp, and was paid to do so but truth be told I would have done it for free if they asked. I was also always better for the most part in the gym than I was in real fights so the work RJ and I did was very good...and I will tell u this much...when I got done sparring with him I would go into fights with other guys and think at the very least how the guy wouldn't be able to show me anything RJ hadnt shown me already

Comment

To tell u the truth, especially while I was very active as a pro, I didn't worry about sparring with ANYBODY and really, and anyone who knows me will tell you, I have always made it a point to get the best possible sparring for myself. Often times I would drive two hours each way to different gyms by myself just to get sparring with the best guys I could. When I would box RJ I did so as a member of the camp, and was paid to do so but truth be told I would have done it for free if they asked. I was also always better for the most part in the gym than I was in real fights so the work RJ and I did was very good...and I will tell u this much...when I got done sparring with him I would go into fights with other guys and think at the very least how the guy wouldn't be able to show me anything RJ hadnt shown me already
              thats really cool man...........i've been on your website off and on all day looking through the pics and stories and everything............amazing how many people you've ran into in the boxing game, hopefully one day I can have experiences like those

Comment

thats really cool man...........i've been on your website off and on all day looking through the pics and stories and everything............amazing how many people you've ran into in the boxing game, hopefully one day I can have experiences like those
                I have a chapter in my book called Brushes With Fame where I talk about many of the people I have been lucky enough to meet over the years

Comment

I have a chapter in my book called Brushes With Fame where I talk about many of the people I have been lucky enough to meet over the years
                  whats the book called and where can i get it?

Comment

whats the book called and where can i get it?

Comment

Dawson Diary Entry Flashback:
                      March 18, 2005: Chad sparred ten rounds with the very durable Whitley twins, Derrick and Darrin. Today was the first day of this camp that Chad seemed like the training and the attempts to make 160 are wearing on him. He is in very good shape, threw a lot of punches and worked hard, but he still has some ways to go to make 160. If I have anything to say about it this will be his last fight as a middleweight!! We should be targeting Joe Calzaghe (or Jeff Lacy) instead of Jermaine Taylor.

Comment

Working...
                      X