No announcement yet.

BoxingScene Predictions: Antonio Tarver vs. Chad Dawson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BoxingScene Predictions: Antonio Tarver vs. Chad Dawson

Immediately following the heavyweight world title fight, which begins at 9 p.m. ET/PT on tape delay, two light heavyweight champions will meet, live on SHOWTIME, when Antonio "Magic Man" Tarver and "Bad" Chad Dawson square off in a long-awaited grudge match.

[details]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Immediately following the heavyweight world title fight, which begins at 9 p.m. ET/PT on tape delay, two light heavyweight champions will meet, live on SHOWTIME, when Antonio "Magic Man" Tarver and "Bad" Chad Dawson square off in a long-awaited grudge match.

[details]

No way Tarver wins a decision over Dawson...Johnson couldn't tarver won't he will have to KO Dawson which he might do...I doubt it though...I want Tarver & B-hop to get KOed i would love that...even if my boy vitali got put to sleep...

Comment

I got Dawson by decision. Tarver doesn't pressure like Johnson, if Chad can keep a cool head and not get worn into a tiring battle, he could see the early rounds through no problem. Tarver's best chances will come late on, going for a KO as he knows, and we know, he can't decision Dawson.

Comment

I dont understand why people rule out a Tarver points win. Dawson very luckily sc****d a razor-thin decision over Johnson, Tarver is in his element at the moment, coming off an impressive win, he is IBF champion and he is a very difficult-to-outbox awkward southpaw with a peach of a left hand. Tarver is the form fighter in my opinion, regardless of his age. When it's time to roll Antonio is always ready and prepared well, I just see him as having the stylistic edge and being more confident, having more nuances like one of the analysts said to his game and more options, Dawson may have a strong start but after a couple of rounds Tarver will begin to find the mark with his straight left and by the 10th Dawson will be lucky to see through the 12

Comment

I got Tarver to win.

Comment

Tarver to win

I have to say that if i were to bet on this fight my money would be on traver, as i can see him getting a win here.

He looked pretty good to me against Clinton Woods (who has also beaten Glen Johnson) and as dawson could only strugled with a dodgy win over the Road Warrior im not to sure he is going to be able to cope with Tarvers style.

The only person Tarver has lost to with out beating them in a rematch is Hopkins, and he stated that the reason for losing that fight was the filming and losing too much weight to quickly.

hyperthetically speaking if Tarver had not done that film and had beaten Hopkins Everyone would be saying Dawson has no chance what so ever.

Im looking forward to this fight, you never know if Tarver wins I could see a Calzaghe fight on the cards.

Comment

tarver by split decision.

Comment

Dawson by UD.........

Comment

Dawson is not going to beat Tarver.

Dawson is not going to beat Tarver. It's Tarvers fight to win or lose. Dawson didn't even deserve a win over Glen Johnson.. he looked overmatched. Tarver has a lot more skills than Johnson. This will be Dawson's 2nd fight against a real fighter but he wont get the gift decision he got against Johnson and might even get KTFO. Tarver by dominanant decision or KO.

Originally posted by marc8989 View Post
                  No way Tarver wins a decision over Dawson...Johnson couldn't tarver won't he will have to KO Dawson which he might do...I doubt it though...I want Tarver & B-hop to get KOed i would love that...even if my boy vitali got put to sleep...

Comment

Dawson doesnt have the mental game to beat Tarver

Dawson doesnt have the mental game to beat Tarver. All Dawson has done is display some athletic ability against lesser opponents. Tarver's defense is tight.. he will be dressed down. Tarver is efficient with his punches, has power in both hands, mentally tough more skilled and experienced. Speed wont be Dawson's advantage because Tarver learned how to time faster fighters in his trilogy with Jones. Chad is about to get his ass whupped.

Originally posted by black.ink View Post
                    I got Dawson by decision. Tarver doesn't pressure like Johnson, if Chad can keep a cool head and not get worn into a tiring battle, he could see the early rounds through no problem. Tarver's best chances will come late on, going for a KO as he knows, and we know, he can't decision Dawson.

Comment

Working...
                    X