No announcement yet.

Mexico, 22 vs Puerto Rico, 41 - Lets name the Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPRINCEOFBOXING View Post
    cintron vs angulo wasnt that a title fight?
    ......................nope

Comment

• Dammit...

I was hoping to bump this thread out of the blue on December 4th...guess it won't be a surprise anymore.

WAR PUERTO RICO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by El Chicano View Post
        I hear you bro....

all bias aside... I think, if Cintron comes in good shape, he can KO Canelo... he has that kind of power....

and Cotto looks to be in better form than Margo at this point....

with that said................

lets have some good fights...............

ˇViva la paz entre Mexicanos y Puertorriqueńos!

I just like you a whole lot more. (No ****) LMFAO

Originally posted by theplayerpimp
        Lol let me see victories such as sancez over gomez chavez over camacho and rosario margs over jotto segura over calderon salido over lopez arce over vazquez jr is way better than calderon vs a taxi driver which he and many ricans hald tittle defences against.
        I really can't defend Calderón as I didn't follow his career. I'm sure he was talented enough in his weight class to outbox anybody there but he was just too small for the upper weight classes. I could say, "Hey, Segura was just too big of a guy picking on an over-the-hill, feather-fisted, fighter one division below his." but I don't. I gave Segura full credit for that win and full credit for beating Calderón again because I'm objective. You should cut PR's some slack too. We've had a bad year but I'm sure we'll have our moments sooner or later.
        Last edited by TintaBoricua; 11-26-2011, 11:37 AM.

Comment

I hear you bro....

all bias aside... I think, if Cintron comes in good shape, he can KO Canelo... he has that kind of power....

and Cotto looks to be in better form than Margo at this point....

with that said................

lets have some good fights...............
          This **** is so close, its like comparing Las Chivas vs El America.

Dat gap is getting narrowed down, Canelo is going murk Cintron.

Comment

• its amazing what both countries have accomplished in the boxing world. but it is really amazing what puerto rico has accomplished considering it is such a small island and really small compared to mexico

Comment

Vargas and DLH don't count.

So the count stands at 12 to 7, Mexico
              Then Cintrons don't either or Camacho who was not even born in PR

Comment

• Fu ing eh Margarito is chicano too...Lets be real had Oscar won against Tito u guys would have counted it.

Comment

• I think the list was missing Luis Collazo vs. Miguel Angel González. Anyway, I think the most important ones are:

Gómez vs. Sánchez, Pintor and Zárate = 2-1 PR there

Trinidad vs. De La Hoya and Vargas = 2-0 PR

Camacho vs. Ramírez = 1-0 PR

Chávez vs. Camacho and Chapo = 2-0 Mex

Benítez vs. Palomino = 1-0 PR

Cotto vs. Margarito = 1-0 Mex

I may be missing some but those are the ones that I would put over the rest.

Comment

• Nationalistic rivalry is stupid, it's just something promoters use to make a lot of money.

That being said it's amazing that an island of 4 million people can compete with a country that has more than 100 million citizens...

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                      Nationalistic rivalry is stupid, it's just something promoters use to make a lot of money.

That being said it's amazing that an island of 4 million people can compete with a country that has more than 100 million citizens...
                      It's called pride and it runs boxing. MMA is a fad that will die out...Most my white friends don't even care about it as much anymore and the ones that watch is always at a bar. Same thing we would have done MMA fight or not. Boxing will never die because of what u called stupid.

Comment

Working...
                      X