No announcement yet.

Is berto another HYPE JOB>??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5punchcombo View Post
    The kid is just needs to work on his mistakes, He has enough power skill and speed to hang but needs to condition more and be more mobile
    yeah... what hurts berto is that he got that belt 2 soon...... so hes gonna get the heat!!

Comment

Originally posted by mellow_mood View Post
      yeah... what hurts berto is that he got that belt 2 soon...... so hes gonna get the heat!!
      Exactly hes been tossed into the fire too quick , I would take some more mandatory matches before taking on top Welters. Sadly guys like Cotto and Margarito will be belt hunting after thier next two fights

Comment

Originally posted by 5punchcombo View Post
        Exactly hes been tossed into the fire too quick , I would take some more mandatory matches before taking on top Welters. Sadly guys like Cotto and Margarito will be belt hunting after thier next two fights
        yup!....

by the end of the year..... hes gonna loose that belt... of course if he step up.. just a lil bit.... he just got thru collazo by a slim margin... if he step up in terms of competition just a lil bit...

hes loosing the title..

Comment

so..... berto..... watch out for juan durango... we dont want you to loose your shine if you get blasted by a blownup jr welterweight !!

Comment

How can he be a hype job, he is a world champion and defended against a top 10 former champ. This is stupid

Comment

and why does he have to dominate 147 probably the best division in boxing, if not top 2 or 3, to not be regarded as a hype job? Just stupid

Comment

relax!!!!

hes about to face juan durango !!!!!!!!!!!!!

is not his fault he got that belt 2 soon.!!

i like the kid!! i just like to get on the riders nervs! so just state your vote...

I make this thread because he was suppose to be the nEXT GREAT ONE!! and I havnt seen any of that!

still... like I say... he have mad skills and i like the kid.... 2 bad.. he got that belt 2 soon.... and if you have a belt.. u r gonna get the heat!

147!!!!!! why??? ermmm.... cos he fights in that division!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Andre hasn't changed much but he hasn't had to

I first saw Andre Berto fight as an amateur during the Florida Golden Gloves in 2002 (A picture of the two of us appeared in KO magazine). Facing a tall lanky boxer he dominated on the inside but seemed to let up quickly. This allowed the other fighter to start scoring regularly even though he was too far behind to win on points. Andre has carried this same dominant style to the pros where he tends to overwhelm opponents whom he can reach but again those with more length of arm or height have better leverage against him.

When it comes to skill, heart, chin and power he is as good as anyone at 147. In terms of style I see him having trouble against Magarito, Williams and Mosley. Because of his height and aspirations outside the ring I don't think he can move up to 154 so his career might be short.

Comment

i dunno why berto is willing to fight cotto but not mosley...

Comment

he's a good solid fighter with alot of skills, and gifts. i don't see him beating a cotto, ssm, pbf, etc...

Comment

Working...
                      X