No announcement yet.

The Hypocrisy of Margarito fans!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevel79 View Post
    Now is it me, or where the Margarito nuthuggers BASHING Floyd for the same exact thing? I'll admit that i bashed Floyd for taking easy payday fights over the fights that everyone felt he should've been taking at WW, but u will NEVER see me bash someone for doing such, then excuse one of my favorite fighters and make excuses for him when he does the same.

U guys have to stop being hypocrits when it comes to defending your favorite fighter. He lost to Williams, then was offered a career high payday to rematch him. What's the problem?
    I understand your point, however, you shouldn't generalize everyone like that.

Comment

Originally posted by -ROGELIO- View Post
      what do you mean agree? Of course Margarito wants big pay days what fighter doesn't? That's what we all do in life we try to make a good living for ourselves. Margarito hasn't even defended his new belt not one damn time and everyone wants to jump on him. It's pathetic the hate he gets from some of you guys. he's no where close to retirement, he has fights left and he will defend his title. Not even 7 days passed since he beat cotto before people already started finding new ways to attempt to bash margarito. Nobody is scared of anybody you guys need to get that through your heads. Margarito has worked his ass off to get to where he's at. He's been fighting professionally against men since he was a teenager, he's taken losses, he's had some setbacks, he's a 30 year old man that's been fighting for a living for about 15 years now and FINALLY he's gotten to the top, to where many people only dream of being, he's put off having a family to acheive what he has acheived. He's deserved his new title and with new title comes little perks with it. All of a sudden everyone wants to fight him. Before no one wanted to take a risk and now everyone thinks they see flaws and assume they can beat him. I hope he makes as much money as possible!!! He has never backed down from anyone and until he retires then no one can say anything about him ducking anyone. That talk has really gotten pathetic and i find myself less engaged in pathetic arguments like that. I think i've spent more 4 times the amount of time in the lounge than i have on nsb because of stupid chatter full of hate.

Whoa buddy Whoa! Are u Margarito's cousing or something? I understand that he wants big paydays. What fighter doesnt? I hope as he keeps winning, he will be fortunate enough to retire healthy and provide for his family. That's not the question i asked though. My question is: Do u agree with Shalafi when he says that Margarito should be focusing on big payday fights, rather than rematching Williams? Funny thing about what Shalafi said is, Williams camp offered Margarito more money than any other opponent out there. In that case, shouldnt he be trying to fight williams, since he's looking for big money fights?

Comment

4 million has been offered

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless 2 View Post
          Margarito beats on guys smaller than him, now Williams is a threat he is ducking him
          don't EVER say margarito beats guys smaller than him then talk about williams in the same sentence. Do you not see how stupid you look in doing so? That's the new bash attempt by pathetic boxing fans like yourself. there has been many many ww's margarito's size. Is he bigger than santos, williams, or cintron? Didn't think so now stfu!

Comment

don't EVER say margarito beats guys smaller than him then talk about williams in the same sentence. Do you not see how stupid you look in doing so? That's the new bash attempt by pathetic boxing fans like yourself. there has been many many ww's margarito's size. Is he bigger than santos, williams, or cintron? Didn't think so now stfu!
            Williams and Margarito both beat on smaller guys. Which fighters has the balls to fight at 160? Which fighters asked Santos for fight at 147 not 154? Margarito can’t handle men his size.

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless 2 View Post
              4 million has been offered
              not 100% true

it was offered to Bob. Dan Goossen makes it sound like it was all for Tony but its going to Bob and from there is where Tony will get paid. So it's not like Tony is getting that entire 4 million at all. My guess is not even close to it

Comment

Whoa buddy Whoa! Are u Margarito's cousing or something? I understand that he wants big paydays. What fighter doesnt? I hope as he keeps winning, he will be fortunate enough to retire healthy and provide for his family. That's not the question i asked though. My question is: Do u agree with Shalafi when he says that Margarito should be focusing on big payday fights, rather than rematching Williams? Funny thing about what Shalafi said is, Williams camp offered Margarito more money than any other opponent out there. In that case, shouldnt he be trying to fight williams, since he's looking for big money fights?
                me you and any poster on these boards are in no position to talk about money or offers. We don't know anything about them so why waste time arguing about them? Do you think williams can bring in more money than golden boy with a shane mosley fight??????? If margarito wants to make some more money don't you think the rematch with cotto is going to pay him alot more than what he got the first time? Cotto got 3mil the first time they fought. It's not far fetched to think this time around it's going to be margarito getting the big payday. If williams wanted margarito so bad why did he refuse the immediate rematch? NOW that margarito is the man now wiliams wants to front like margarito is scared of him?

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
                  not 100% true

it was offered to Bob. Dan Goossen makes it sound like it was all for Tony but its going to Bob and from there is where Tony will get paid. So it's not like Tony is getting that entire 4 million at all. My guess is not even close to it
                  No fighter ever gets the proposed $ amount. There's the promoters cut, sanctioning fee's, trainer fee's, cornerman fee's, taxes, etc. These things dont apply to just Margarito. They apply to every single boxer out there!

Floyd was offered $35mil to rematch Oscar. That didnt neccesarily mean he was going home with $35mil. U have to take into account all of the above i mentioned.

Comment

No fighter ever gets the proposed $ amount. There's the promoters cut, sanctioning fee's, trainer fee's, cornerman fee's, taxes, etc. These things dont apply to just Margarito. They apply to every single boxer out there!

Floyd was offered $35mil to rematch Oscar. That didnt neccesarily mean he was going home with $35mil. U have to take into account all of the above i mentioned.
                    Oscar vs Floyd Mayweather Jr. (5/07) 2.15 million buys = $120.0 million

35 million to Mayweather
                    50 million to Oscar

35 to all those other stuff you have mentioned

Comment

me you and any poster on these boards are in no position to talk about money or offers. We don't know anything about them so why waste time arguing about them? Do you think williams can bring in more money than golden boy with a shane mosley fight??????? If margarito wants to make some more money don't you think the rematch with cotto is going to pay him alot more than what he got the first time? Cotto got 3mil the first time they fought. It's not far fetched to think this time around it's going to be margarito getting the big payday. If williams wanted margarito so bad why did he refuse the immediate rematch? NOW that margarito is the man now wiliams wants to front like margarito is scared of him?
                      In a rematch, Cotto still gets the bigger slice of the pie. He's more marketable, and brings in more money than Margarito. ****ed up, but that's just the way it is. Never mind brining Oscar or Shane into the pic. Its obvious that neither one of them will ever fight Margarito.

Comment

Working...
                      X