Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Marciano of the one most overrated HW of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walcott gets KO by Norton Holmes Ali Foreman Liston Frazier Shaver. These men were faster and more powerful than Marciano

Comment

overrated? how because he beat everyone he ever faces? fact is the man did what no one else has still ever done. you can speculate about him and his abilities, and who MAY have beaten him, but you can not change the fact he retired 49-0. A little resepct would actually be nice. But thats asking to much from some of the ****ing morons around here anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by Melly-Mel View Post
        overrated? how because he beat everyone he ever faces? fact is the man did what no one else has still ever done. you can speculate about him and his abilities, and who MAY have beaten him, but you can not change the fact he retired 49-0. A little resepct would actually be nice. But thats asking to much from some of the ****ing morons around here anymore!
        WOW, Ottke undefeated Mayweather undefeated. Don’t we speculate on who can beat Mayweather all the ****ing time?

Comment

Marciano is not overrated. He's underrated. How can you say for sure he would lose to big HWs when he never lost and he never ducked anybody. He beat the best there was. Those guys back then were a lot tougher then the HWs now. Marciano was like the Terminator, impossible to stop, although 12 rounds instead of 15 would hurt him.

Comment

Originally posted by Unstable89 View Post
            WOW, Ottke undefeated Mayweather undefeated. Don’t we speculate on who can beat Mayweather all the ****ing time?
            how about i speculate what a ***** you are, since you feel the need to post hate threads under an alt? no need, you are a stone cold ****!

Comment

Originally posted by nbk187 View Post
              Marciano is not overrated. He's underrated. How can you say for sure he would lose to big HWs when he never lost and he never ducked anybody. He beat the best there was. Those guys back then were a lot tougher then the HWs now. Marciano was like the Terminator, impossible to stop, although 12 rounds instead of 15 would hurt him.
              12 rounds against the likes of who Walcott, past his prime Louis
              Walcott 6’0 74 reach 196 lbs compare it to 6’3 82 reach 226 lbs Foreman

Comment

Originally posted by Melly-Mel View Post
                how about i speculate what a ***** you are, since you feel the need to post hate threads under an alt? no need, you are a stone cold ****!
                This is not a hate thread.

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
                  Shavers had a glass chin and was easily stopped by counter punching Quarry, Norton had a solid chin but he couldn't fight backing up and he did lose by KO to a light heavyweight, Louis was IMO beaten by Walcott in their first fight, one of the most controversial decisions ever...

I've seen many of Patterson's fights, the fight against Walcott would be a close one. Walcott has the ability to counter Patterson's quick rushes with his left hook and counter right like Johansson did in his first fight with Patterson.

Ali was used to fighting backing up, he would have to be aggressive against Walcott. Ali could beat him but he would be hit with some rights like he was against Zora Folley (who was worse than Walcott).

Liston was strong with good boxing skills but he was also slow, I see him KO'ing Walcott quite impressively but you never know. Walcott had the speed to trouble Liston.

Holmes had big trouble against the awkward and unorthodox Michael Spinks, although I do see him winning impressively in his prime against both Spinks and Walcott.
                  You have made some kick-ass posts in this thread manchine. Your knowledge is impeccable. I admire you taking time out to argue with this troll.

Comment

Walcott gets KO by Norton Holmes Ali Foreman Liston Frazier Shaver. These men were faster and more powerful than Marciano

The unbeatable Earnie Shavers

Norton was KO'd by a light heavyweight. It's not impossible that he could lose to Jersey Joe Walcott.
                    Liston won a competitive decision against Eddie Machen who similar to Walcott in size and style, except he wasn't as good.
                    Frazier would catch up to Walcott like Marciano did.

You have made some kick-ass posts in this thread manchine. Your knowledge is impeccable. I admire you taking time out to argue with this troll.
                    I've got nothing else to do really. Whenever Walcott comes up, one of my all time favorites, I'll argue about it. Especially when it's in negative fashion like in this thread.

We are talking about the guy that Hopkins and Toney, two of today's best 'old style' boxers, list among their favorite fighters of all time. He invented things.
                    Last edited by TheGreatA; 09-26-2008, 01:15 PM.

Comment

This is not a hate thread.
                      it is now, because i hate your ****ing guts you filthy ****! suck on that hate douche bag!

Comment

Working...
                      X