No announcement yet.

If Hagler-Hearns was Hagler-Williams, then Marvin Hagler would have got OWNED

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flawless. View Post
    No depends what type of training you do when gaining muscle. RJJ for the Ruiz fight used weights, doing explosive reps which helped increase his fast twitch fibres hence increased his hand speed. If you did weight lifting you would develop muscular strength and it would slow you down. Runners for example add muscle to run faster and develop it in a way which it helps them take of faster.
    I'm aware of how muscle twitch fibers work and how you can enhance them, howerver I was pointing out that Paul didn't look faster in this fight than his performances at 147, he was just stronger because of the added mass. Yes Roy gained about 20 pounds worth of muscle mass, but would you say he was faster at HW than he was at middle, or even at LHW?

Mayweather is another example, he wasn't as fast at WW than he was at LW so generally speaking a fighter climbing weight may lose his overall speed.

Comment

Originally posted by The Scientist View Post
      I'm aware of how muscle twitch fibers work and how you can enhance them, howerver I was pointing out that Paul didn't look faster in this fight than his performances at 147, he was just stronger because of the added mass. Yes Roy gained about 20 pounds worth of muscle mass, but would you say he was faster at HW than he was at middle, or even at LHW?

Mayweather is another example, he wasn't as fast at WW than he was at LW so generally speaking a fighter climbing weight may lose his overall speed.
      Mayweather at WW was him fighting at his peak weight nearly; he was slow at Jr MW in my opinion. Williams frame is made for more muscle mass and it will make more faster the more fights he has at higher weights

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
        When I read the first reply to this thread I thought Flawless was in on the joke. Then with horror I realised he was serious.
        Lmao. Good sense of humor homie.

Comment

Pwill is becoming like Tye Fields LOLOL

Comment

Mayweather at WW was him fighting at his peak weight nearly; he was slow at Jr MW in my opinion. Williams frame is made for more muscle mass and it will make more faster the more fights he has at higher weights
            You said it yourself, Mayweather was slow at Jr. Middle and that's because the fella packed on the muscle, his punches had more snap but they just didn't seem as fast compared to when he was leaner. As for Paul's body type, I would like to see him fight more at higher weights to make a proper judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by The Scientist View Post
              You said it yourself, Mayweather was slow at Jr. Middle and that's because the fella packed on the muscle, his punches had more snap but they just didn't seem as fast compared to when he was leaner. As for Paul's body type, I would like to see him fight more at higher weights to make a proper judgment.
              I think Jr MW was like Mayweather maximum weight he look big compared to him normal self. At 160 Williams looked Skinny still very skinny and at 168 it wouldn’t be much. At LHW that would be his best weight he would be tanked and faster. But fighting at CW or HW he would be slow but still could be Ruiz or Peter

Comment

Paul Williams has the body type that can lose and gain weight without any sort of limit. He will be the first ever 18 weight champion!

Comment

Sad but true

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
                    Pwill is becoming like Tye Fields LOLOL
                    It's getting old now, it's not as funny with Williams.

Comment

Look at what he just done at MW and he still looked skinny, maybe LHW is his perfect weight class. He would be tanked up and ripped up and fast as hell.
                      You're starting to get close to Sonic Flood as the new great ****** on these forums.

I can just see Williams now being twice, or even three times, as fast at 175 than he is at 147.

Comment

Working...
                      X