Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double Standards? Haye needs a fight before Klitschko? But Pavlik Doesn't before Joe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Standards? Haye needs a fight before Klitschko? But Pavlik Doesn't before Joe?

Now the general consensus here on this board is that David Haye needs a fight at HW before getting a shot at the title against Wladimir Klitschko. Its also important to note that the HW division, is a close 2nd, for the worst division in boxing only behind LMW. (Minimumweight is strong, just not many fans).

Yet Kelly Pavlik doesn't need a fight to get a shot at Calzaghe? And SMW, in contrast, is a lot stronger then HW. It is deep with talent, compared to HW and the MW divisions. The strength of the SMW division means, Pavlik should have more reasons to have a fight before getting a shot at the champ in Calzaghe?

Also when comparing David Haye and Pavlik? With their resume? Its rather similar. Pavlik has beat the top dog twice! And Haye has beaten 2 of the top dogs at cruiser?

Now correct me if im wrong. I admit i get way to opinonated at times. But this is just double standards!

He's fighting Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
      He's fighting Hopkins.
      Obviously.

But im talking about the general consensus like i pointed out. All fans want to see Pavlik vs Calzaghe. Yet Haye needs a test at HW. According to everyone!

Comment

A lot of fans want to see Haye vs Klitschko as well.

Comment

haye is moving up in a division where people are upwards of 50 pounds heavier than him

joe is like seven pounds heavier than kelly.

that said, i think if kelly is going to beat joe it will be soon, i dont think the weight is the problem, i think its kelly facing elite opposition. wins over hopkins and maybe kessler would put him right in with joe, but thing is, we don't know when joe will retire. so pavlik needs to hop on that match ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by Enter Username View Post
            Obviously.

But im talking about the general consensus like i pointed out. All fans want to see Pavlik vs Calzaghe. Yet Haye needs a test at HW. According to everyone!
            obviously haye needs a test at heavyweight rather than diving in with klitschko, a man stronger, and with everything in his favor.

Comment

Originally posted by kenso View Post
              obviously haye needs a test at heavyweight rather than diving in with klitschko, a man stronger, and with everything in his favor.
              Kind of the same thing about Calzaghe though? Calzaghe is faster, has more power, better work rate and better stamina then Pavlik. A greater array of combinations. And just a more complete fighter.

Comment

woah. Joe doesnt have more power than Pav. his speed consists of bullrushing you with slapping combinations where thats why he wins on slapping workrate. his stamina is good cause those slaps have nothing behing them. good chin? yeah but not a more complete fighter, sorry

Comment

OK Let's See:

Pavlik:
                  Miranda
                  Taylor
                  Taylor
                  Lockett (another Brit trained by Calzaghe Sr.)
                  Hopkins (next)

Haye:
                  Other than Mormeck, is there another name on his resume???
                  Next? Wait, he doesn't have a Next...

I say bring out the HW King and give Haye a shot. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Case closed!

Comment

Originally posted by Enter Username View Post
                    Now the general consensus here on this board is that David Haye needs a fight at HW before getting a shot at the title against Wladimir Klitschko. Its also important to note that the HW division, is a close 2nd, for the worst division in boxing only behind LMW. (Minimumweight is strong, just not many fans).

Yet Kelly Pavlik doesn't need a fight to get a shot at Calzaghe? And SMW, in contrast, is a lot stronger then HW. It is deep with talent, compared to HW and the MW divisions. The strength of the SMW division means, Pavlik should have more reasons to have a fight before getting a shot at the champ in Calzaghe?

Also when comparing David Haye and Pavlik? With their resume? Its rather similar. Pavlik has beat the top dog twice! And Haye has beaten 2 of the top dogs at cruiser?

Now correct me if im wrong. I admit i get way to opinonated at times. But this is just double standards!
                    What's it like gargling with Joe Calzaghes ball juice every morning?

Comment

Working...
                    X