JD Chapman Furious, Denies Haye Fight Agreement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTerceira View Post
    Why not take the fight?

Because here is a 25 year old kid in a division that doesn't mature until thirty

who if moved correctly can be fighting for millions and his promoter risks that for peanuts.

1. Chapman has never been on a stage so large in his career.

2. never fought a fighter even close to Haye's experience

3. Never faced the spectical that the English media will swarm upon him.

4. Has to jump from C level fighters to a A level Champion

5. Isn't getting paid what the fight is worth.

Looks like his promoter thinks it was worth the risk without talking with the guy that has to step into the ring.
    If he doesn't step up soon he could be another Tye Fields, sad to say. The only reason for posponing this guy's career is to suck off more people's money while the hype builds up. Don't get me wrong, i've never even seen him fight but talented people start taking challenges around 25 really. Take Pavlik for instance, if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
      If he doesn't step up soon he could be another Tye Fields, sad to say. The only reason for posponing this guy's career is to suck off more people's money while the hype builds up. Don't get me wrong, i've never even seen him fight but talented people start taking challenges around 25 really. Take Pavlik for instance, if you will.
      Pavlik had plenty of amateur fights, Chapman had none.

I'm tired of reading people insult and criticise Chapman. He's just age 25. Donnell Holmes and Faruq Saleem are in their mid-30s and never had any decent opponents - why doesn't anyone ridicule them?

Double standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney View Post
        Pavlik had plenty of amateur fights, Chapman had none.

I'm tired of reading people insult and criticise Chapman. He's just age 25. Donnell Holmes and Faruq Saleem are in their mid-30s and never had any decent opponents - why doesn't anyone ridicule them?

Double standards.
        because Saleem and Holmes weren't challenged by Haye thats why. And I would think that they would accept the fight with haye if they ever were challenged.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
          because Saleem and Holmes weren't challenged by Haye thats why. And I would think that they would accept the fight with haye if they ever were challenged.
          Why do you believe that? They've never accepted a fight with a "top 250" heavyweight. Here's Holmes last opponent:

http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php...=665&cat=boxer

Fernandez is a 41 year old cruiserweight who started at welterweight back in the mid-1980s. He'd been stopped in 13 of his previous 15 fights, including all of his last seven.

Why don't people like you ridicule Holmes like they do Fields and Chapman? Double standards.

Comment

Why don't people like you ridicule Holmes like they do Fields and Chapman? Double standards.
            I've seen people joke about those two in other forums.

I just don't think a lot of people even know who they are, Chapman and Fields on the other hand are/were given more attention. Fields because he was with Arum and had built up a nice record and Chapman because he might be Haye's next opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
              I've seen people joke about those two in other forums.

I just don't think a lot of people even know who they are, Chapman and Fields on the other hand are/were given more attention. Fields because he was with Arum and had built up a nice record and Chapman because he might be Haye's next opponent.
              Which other forums? I visit them all on a daily basis, I haven't seen what you're referring to.

Comment

Which other forums? I visit them all on a daily basis, I haven't seen what you're referring to.
                Sherdog.com boxing forum had a thread dedicated to those two and other fellow record-padders from past and present, I also saw some jokes about them in boxrec.com.

http://forum.boxrec.com/viewtopic.ph...donnell+holmes
                Here's a thread made by the great Donnell Holmes himself.
                Last edited by TheGreatA; 09-17-2008, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
                  Sherdog.com boxing forum had a thread dedicated to those two and other fellow record-padders, I also saw some jokes about them in boxrec.com.

http://forum.boxrec.com/viewtopic.ph...donnell+holmes
                  Here's a thread made by the great Donnell Holmes himself.
                  And the comment your're referring to was made by none other than myself. Other than Donnell's own thread, I haven't seen much about him.

JD Chapman is frequently ridiculed on Boxrec and ESB. And Tye Fields jokes were the rage here at boxingscene for awhile.

Comment

And Tye Fields jokes were the rage here at boxingscene for awhile.
                    They were all the rage for too long. They got really, really old..

Comment

And the comment your're referring to was made by none other than myself. Other than Donnell's own thread, I haven't seen much about him.

JD Chapman is frequently ridiculed on Boxrec and ESB. And Tye Fields jokes were the rage here at boxingscene for awhile.
                      Tye Fields was probably the funniest thing around for a while (yes, it did get old).

Some people really took him as a serious prospect because of the Tye Fields jokes until he was KO'd in one by Monte Barrett.

Bob Arum hyping Tye Fields as a future world champion was even worse than the jokes.

I hadn't seen anything about Chapman here until he was announced as a potential opponent for Haye. From what I've seen, people have mostly criticized Haye for making his re-debut against someone who hasn't really fought anybody of note. It's not really hate directed at JD himself.
                      Last edited by TheGreatA; 09-17-2008, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X