Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name fighters that fought purely for money (ie. they hated boxing)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jambo Boy View Post
    Ray Robinson didn't like fighting, he gave it up to pursue a career as a dancer but returned for the money I believe.
    He did, he became a dancer for a while but that only lasted for a bit. Once the novelty wore off he wasn't that good, so had to go back to boxing.

Originally posted by abosworth View Post
    Yes, Sugar Ray Robinson has been quoted saying that he hated boxing.
    Ray didn't "hate" boxing, but after he killed the guy he didn't enjoy fighting anymore. For obvious reasons..

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
      He did, he became a dancer for a while but that only lasted for a bit. Once the novelty wore off he wasn't that good, so had to go back to boxing.

Ray didn't "hate" boxing, but after he killed the guy he didn't enjoy fighting anymore. For obvious reasons..
      Okay, he didn't like boxing and was only doing it for the $$ at the end of his career.

Comment

I just read up on that, it's crazy how he had a dream about killing him before the fight!

Comment

Okay, he didn't like boxing and was only doing it for the $$ at the end of his career.
          At the end he probably was. He lost a lot of money from businesses going bad and stuff, If I remember correctly. It's a shame, apperntly he was never the same after he killed that guy.

Originally posted by Joshua Clottey View Post
          I just read up on that, it's crazy how he had a dream about killing him before the fight!
          Yea, crazy as hell. He dreams he will kill him, some people persuade him it won't happen and then it does. ****in' wierd.

Comment

At the end he probably was. He lost a lot of money from businesses going bad and stuff, If I remember correctly. It's a shame, apperntly he was never the same after he killed that guy.

Yea, crazy as hell. He dreams he will kill him, some people persuade him it won't happen and then it does. ****in' wierd.
            Yes, it was quite tragic. Unfortunately it's part of the game that we love..

Comment

Yes, it was quite tragic. Unfortunately it's part of the game that we love..
              To me, what is more tragic is the fact that the guy would have lived. If promoters and that lot hadn't persuaded Ray to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimateboxa View Post
                Let's name em'

The Spinks brothers
                Jermain Taylor
                Hate to say this but Iron Mike at the end of his career....he just didn't give a **** any more...he just needed the money...he said so him self after he lost to Mcbride...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6SsGgLDMlw

Comment

Working...
                X