No announcement yet.

Joan Guzman May Receive Wrist Slap From Old Laws

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by msagrain View Post
    What I want to know is how the **** could he not make the weight.
    It sounds to me that he added too much muscle. ESPN article shortly before the fight quoted guzman saying he was doing strength training and lifting weights for the first time in his career. He was trying to become a bigger puncher for this fight. It sounds too me he added a bit too much muscle and underestimated how difficult it would be to shed the weight prior to the fight. Doesn't sound like he was fat/out of shape, just too big.

Comment

Originally posted by natas206 View Post
      It sounds to me that he added too much muscle. ESPN article shortly before the fight quoted guzman saying he was doing strength training and lifting weights for the first time in his career. He was trying to become a bigger puncher for this fight. It sounds too me he added a bit too much muscle and underestimated how difficult it would be to shed the weight prior to the fight. Doesn't sound like he was fat/out of shape, just too big.
      Guzman trained to do to Nate what he did to fighters at 122 and 126. Everyone who is mad at him are the same people who called him feather fisted. I mean give him a break...his intentions were to put a hurting on Nate, too bad he overdid and becuz of it alot of people lost ALOT of respect for him. I'm very disappointed in him but I ain't mad enough to wana put him on a torture stick.

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
        Guzman trained to do to Nate what he did to fighters at 122 and 126. Everyone who is mad at him are the same people who called him feather fisted. I mean give him a break...his intentions were to put a hurting on Nate, too bad he overdid and becuz of it alot of people lost ALOT of respect for him. I'm very disappointed in him but I ain't mad enough to wana put him on a torture stick.
        Yep, I'm disappointed too but ****, it happens. I didn't stop loving Chico Corrales for not making weight and apparently no one else did cuz I see his picture all the time in peoples sigs. Or Castillo (although it got ridiculous for him).

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
          I'm glad he is only gonna get fined 500 dollars.. though I'm angry and disappointed at Guzman, hella people have been **** talking him and hating on him since this happened.
          This will only make them more bitter and angry..
          Laugh all you want. By the time King and I get through availing ourselves of each and every legal remedy, this clown will be fighting on club shows in the DR just to pay us the interest. And if he ever manages to get a decent fight again, he wont see 30 cents of the purse. Pretty funny, huh?? lol

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
            Laugh all you want. By the time King and I get through availing ourselves of each and every legal remedy, this clown will be fighting on club shows in the DR just to pay us the interest. And if he ever manages to get a decent fight again, he wont see 30 cents of the purse. Pretty funny, huh?? lol
            Don't do it terry have some compassion

Comment

wow you come off like an *******. way to go

Comment

a slap on the wrist and a 500 dollar fine? yup, it is really funny!

Comment

I would hope all that isn't necessary.

Comment

Im glad they could only fine Guzman 500, the fines for boxer is outrages when compared to other sports where athletes make much more money consistantly unlike the boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by ferocity View Post
                      Im glad they could only fine Guzman 500, the fines for boxer is outrages when compared to other sports where athletes make much more money consistantly unlike the boxer.
                      he does deserve punishment though.. you can't just back out of a fight like that last minute and not expect reprocautions.
                      as if it wasn't already hard for Guzman to get a fight, now it's gonna be even harder!

Comment

Working...
                      X