Dan Rafael: "Move on, Margarito"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Rafael: "Move on, Margarito"

From www.espn.com

Why is it that some folks believe that it is OK for Antonio Margarito to keep calling out and belittling Oscar De La Hoya to complain that by fighting Manny Pacquiao on Dec. 6, he is not facing the biggest challenge in front of him (which would be Margarito) when Margarito himself is not taking the biggest challenge in front of him, which is a rematch against Paul Williams? I'd call that hypocritical.

At least De La Hoya is not out there proclaiming to be the best welterweight in the world, blah, blah, blah. He's just trying to make a big fight, which Pacquiao is. For me to buy Margarito's recent rhetoric, he's going to have to fight Williams again. Margarito can't complain that Williams, who beat Margarito in a close and entertaining fight in the summer of '07, doesn't bring a lot of money to the table either since last time I checked, Williams' promoter, Dan Goossen, offered Margarito and promoter Bob Arum a $4 million guarantee against a 50 percent share of the revenue. That would be, by far, Margarito's career-best payday. He didn't make near $4 million to fight Miguel Cotto in July, even with what he may have earned on his pay-per-view upside. I have no problem with Margarito going for a unification/rematch with Joshua Clottey on Nov. 1, the fight that is being finalized, but for him to rag on De La Hoya for ducking him is like the pot calling the kettle black as long as Margarito is ignoring a rematch with Williams.

margarito had to chase dlh before he retired and fighting pac is a cowardly move. margarito will get williams in 2009. he already had a lot of tough fights this year and hes not taking on no bum in his next fight either. margarito dont deserve this hate because he has proven himself and worked his way up the hard way to be recognized as the best welterweight fighter.

Comment

I don't see how a person can really find fault with Dan Rafael wrote. Makes sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
        I don't see how a person can really find fault with Dan Rafael wrote. Makes sense to me.
        Agreed. Move on.

Comment

Originally posted by ¡VIVA MEXICO! View Post
          margarito had to chase dlh before he retired and fighting pac is a cowardly move. margarito will get williams in 2009. he already had a lot of tough fights this year and hes not taking on no bum in his next fight either. margarito dont deserve this hate because he has proven himself and worked his way up the hard way to be recognized as the best welterweight fighter.
          I think the argument comes from Margarito throwing insults towards Oscar which didn't benefit Tony at all. Also, Oscar knows it's a risky fight, but people still don't know who Margarito is even coming off his biggest win to date. Whether or not he likes Pac vs Oscar, it'll make a ****load more of money than Oscar vs Margarito.

It is what it is...

Comment

Originally posted by ¡VIVA MEXICO! View Post
            Man I haven't been on here is a hot minute but that damn tornado deal with Hoya and Floyd running is freakin funny as hell...thanks for the laughs.

Comment

Dan Rafael considers the DLH/Pacquiao fight to be his brainchild, so of course he wants Margarito to shut up, Dan takes all the credit for this fight (which no one wants) happening.

DLH said that he would fight the Cotto/Margo winner. Then Margo won, and DLH welched on his word and fought a midget instead. He has every right to be pissed and Fat Dan should go back to sticking his bowling ball head under a soft serve machine somewhere and shut the **** up.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                Tell Dan Rafeal to "move on" from the Buffet Line. Fatass.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
                  agreed lets hope they fight next year

Comment

Originally posted by bsrizpac View Post
                    Tell Dan Rafeal to "move on" from the Buffet Line. Fatass.

LOL thats some funny stuff, I think Dan is right though..Margarito cant critise Oscar while he has williams hanging over his head.

Comment

Working...
                    X