Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ricky Hatton Hadn't Ran Into The Pole, Does Floyd Still Win That Fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Ricky Hatton Hadn't Ran Into The Pole, Does Floyd Still Win That Fight?

So wasn't that smart for him to do that? He knew it would hurt, but after the previous 2 rounds pretty much helpless on the cards. Do you think hatton gets stopped if he hadn't hit the pole? I think he get stopped. it's sad watching his fights. I just watched the watched the ninth round of the hatton-floyd fight 10 times.

floyd's been ducking that post for years... what a *****!

Comment

People act like hatton is a bum but he is not he just mis judged where the post was in the ring

Comment

It certainly didn't do him any favors, but he was already finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
          It certainly didn't do him any favors, but he was already finished.
          Yeah but he didnt hit that post nearly as hard as Floyd hit his head with his fist. It had no affect on the outcome.
          That said I dont think Ricky deserves as much ridicule as he gets. Moving up in weight against the number 1 P4P guy and arguably the best fighter of the generation is nothing to be ashamed of, even if you get KTFO.

Comment

Hatton was already finished in the 8th.

Comment

Hatton would have lost a decision, but not been KOed if his head hadn't hit the pole.

Comment

Think the pole was the reason he got koed, but he would of got UDed judging by the scorecards from boxrec. (two 10 - 8 rounds to mayweather, one when he lost a point for supposedly hitting back of head and the knockdown).

Comment

hahahahahahahahahahaha u guys are crazy...Floyd is a great fighter and hatton was a joke simple as that...Floyd called it he came in to wide and he got him

Comment

yeah, hatton was looking groggy already and floyd was landing lots of crisp accurate shots

and i think it was mostly floyds punch, not the post that did the damage

but even if he did survive the 10th, i think his corner may have stopped it in the 11th or 12th, and thats if floyd didnt stop him before that

Comment

Working...
                    X