No announcement yet.

Lamon Brewster: "I'm Ready To Unleash on The World"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
    Because people have short memories. Two awkward southpaws ago, people were dying to watch him fight again.

Before Hatton, Mayweather was considered featherfisted above 130 (4 KO's in 11 fights.) Now more people than not think he could KO Cotto.

Before Hopkins, a lot of people thought Calzaghe was almost unbeatable. Now a lot think a 40 year old Jones will beat him.
    Look, I like Wlad, but who are these people checking for Wlad or were checking for him 3 fights ago...his fans???? Has he even headlined a ppv? He is the heavyweight champion in the world. He should be bigger than life, and he isn't. Nobody is knocking Wlad, because he is doing good, but nobody is like, Man, I can't wait until Wlad fights again.

Comment

Originally posted by Boofdatruth View Post
      You can joke with some posters, and then you have those stiff clowns who are 24/7 serious because you've ruined their thoughts. As far as careers, Wlad is doing good. The problem is he is the heavyweight champ of the world, and nobody is looking to watch him? Why???
      I'd venture to say that fight fans are often "sightseers" and want to see "blood and guts" a la mode in every fight, especially in a heavyweight. AND...there's no getting away from it, until he was beaten by Brewster, he was giving the fans what they wanted, lots of left hands and crishing right crosses etc all resulting in unmerciful beatings and Ko's.

Then, after he was beaten by Brewster, he had to be re-habilitated, and manny Steward was his new trainer. What Manny did, or tried to do, inMY opinion anyway, was to make him into the image of lnnox ewis, another huge heavyweight with good offensive skills but who'd walked into a few KO's. As a matter of fact, i believe that Lewis's KO's were more legit than Klitschko's, since in 2 of the 3 Klitschko just melted down, supposedly from overpunching. In the 3rd. against corrie Sanders, there's NO DOUBT that he not only walked into a sudden left cross, but it was accompanied by a couple of hefty head butts.

So Manny taught him to clinch, hold, d**** his weight all over his opponent. to do all these things any time his opponent got going or got too close. You can see how he progressed with this new regimen from fight to fight.

When it came to the Peter fight, it was a DO-OR-DIE fight for Klitschko. he HAD to win. he was too good a boxer, and Peter oo crude a slugger. Besides he knew his strengths and weaknesses from previous sparring.

Som as I've written here before, (and it was proven by Manny Steward saying the very same thing) In the Peter fight, Klitschko held whenever Samuel got close, and even suffered all the rabbit punches without protest- as he later pointed out. When he punched with his right, he was at only 50-60% power, didn't follow through fully. This was so that, in case he missed, he would not leave himself out of position, and open for a heavy counter. Manny confirmed this very thing a couple of days later.

So it sems that klitschko has evolved from a 100% attack tank, intoa cautious, acurate, patient, tiresome fighter who's tactics will get him thewin every time, not matter against whom.

It's only a matter of time, and publc pressure before he cautiouly will allow himself, for a halfround or so here and there, to revert back to the "old" Wladimir. I've always said that he was better, "pre-Manny". I still say it.

Comment

Typing "typos"

I apologise for the typos, I was in a hurry.

Comment

Just as a matter of interest..............

I just looked at the record a few minutes ago, and aprops of the comments about Klitschko having become an uninteresting fighter to watch, and my own letter concerning same, I see this;

K has had 51 winning fights with 45 wins by KO or TKO, mostly KO. Of the other 6, 2 were technical decisions, one was a DQ, and 3 were decisions in which K won by a mile, (against Chris Byrd, Sam Peter and Everett Martin in an early career 8 rd-er).

So his KO record shows that fight fans have every reason to expect a "blood & thunder" fight from him.

And, as regards nothing in particular, I have a feeling that the Everett Martin mentioned above was nicknamed "big-foot". I don't know why, but that nick-name just jumps up at me, a sudden hidden revelation.

Comment

I hear Yung Joc will be there performing.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
              I'd venture to say that fight fans are often "sightseers" and want to see "blood and guts" a la mode in every fight, especially in a heavyweight. AND...there's no getting away from it, until he was beaten by Brewster, he was giving the fans what they wanted, lots of left hands and crishing right crosses etc all resulting in unmerciful beatings and Ko's.

Then, after he was beaten by Brewster, he had to be re-habilitated, and manny Steward was his new trainer. What Manny did, or tried to do, inMY opinion anyway, was to make him into the image of lnnox ewis, another huge heavyweight with good offensive skills but who'd walked into a few KO's. As a matter of fact, i believe that Lewis's KO's were more legit than Klitschko's, since in 2 of the 3 Klitschko just melted down, supposedly from overpunching. In the 3rd. against corrie Sanders, there's NO DOUBT that he not only walked into a sudden left cross, but it was accompanied by a couple of hefty head butts.

So Manny taught him to clinch, hold, d**** his weight all over his opponent. to do all these things any time his opponent got going or got too close. You can see how he progressed with this new regimen from fight to fight.

When it came to the Peter fight, it was a DO-OR-DIE fight for Klitschko. he HAD to win. he was too good a boxer, and Peter oo crude a slugger. Besides he knew his strengths and weaknesses from previous sparring.

Som as I've written here before, (and it was proven by Manny Steward saying the very same thing) In the Peter fight, Klitschko held whenever Samuel got close, and even suffered all the rabbit punches without protest- as he later pointed out. When he punched with his right, he was at only 50-60% power, didn't follow through fully. This was so that, in case he missed, he would not leave himself out of position, and open for a heavy counter. Manny confirmed this very thing a couple of days later.

So it sems that klitschko has evolved from a 100% attack tank, intoa cautious, acurate, patient, tiresome fighter who's tactics will get him thewin every time, not matter against whom.

It's only a matter of time, and publc pressure before he cautiouly will allow himself, for a halfround or so here and there, to revert back to the "old" Wladimir. I've always said that he was better, "pre-Manny". I still say it.
              Good post.........................

Comment

Working...
              X