No announcement yet.

Erik Morales vs Sandy Saddler @ 126

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Domain View Post
    I just finished watching his docu thing and they said he was dirty you can look it up on youtube I am not impressed I think erik morales would mess him up and especially manny pacquiao. they show flash elorde winning and then saddly was fighting dirty like a chump holding, hitting low headbutting, elbows you name it.

That was the time when the mafia run the sport so many of those fights are fixed, saddler was probably a mafia fighter and the refs were paid off.
    He can't have been. The Mafia (at that time) refused to take in coloured fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
      Yeah, people don't understand how dirty Saddler was. Pep had to learn judo, to prepare himself for Saddler. Seriously, EM will K.O his ass.
      Also Saddler was a big guy for his weight he used his size mainly to weight on the guys.
      I wish they had more clips all I seen is this docu thing on him and some articles online saying he used his laces to open up cuts and other shady ****.

the thing is back in the day they had a few great fighters...but styles changed and advanced and many of those legends would get worked hard by the explosive speed and power many of the newer fighters have.

imagine someone from that day going against a pacquiao or tyson type speed coming at them?

I think people tend to overate certain olden time guys out of respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
        He can't have been. The Mafia (at that time) refused to take in coloured fighters.
        Sonny Liston end thread...

Comment

Sonny Liston end thread...
          The mafia got hold of liston at the beginning of the 60's. Saddler retired in '54 and was at his prime in the late 40's like i said AT THE TIME.

Comment

Also Saddler was a big guy for his weight he used his size mainly to weight on the guys.
            I wish they had more clips all I seen is this docu thing on him and some articles online saying he used his laces to open up cuts and other shady ****.

the thing is back in the day they had a few great fighters...but styles changed and advanced and many of those legends would get worked hard by the explosive speed and power many of the newer fighters have.

imagine someone from that day going against a pacquiao or tyson type speed coming at them?

I think people tend to overate certain olden time guys out of respect.
            True but when you look at SRR, you can tell he'd kick ass this day and age. He has the speed stamina chin and power and the best left hook I've ever seen. He was the type of fighter who'd change speed, he'd fight all slow and **** then BAM jump on you...it was part of his style. Pep would have been a good fighter this day and age...only that he'd have to put his hands up becuz we got speedy guys today. Don't get me wrong his defense is GREAT just to lift his hands up a bit. Saddler on the other hand would get beat by ALOT of fighters today...his dirty tactcs won't be accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
              True but when you look at SRR, you can tell he'd kick ass this day and age. He has the speed stamina chin and power and the best left hook I've ever seen. He was the type of fighter who'd change speed, he'd fight all slow and **** then BAM jump on you...it was part of his style. Pep would have been a good fighter this day and age...only that he'd have to put his hands up becuz we got speedy guys today. Don't get me wrong his defense is GREAT just to lift his hands up a bit. Saddler on the other hand would get beat by ALOT of fighters today...his dirty tactcs won't be accepted.
              exactly their are certain olden time fighters who were ahead of their time and sugar ray robinson was one of those that dude was aggressive and savy.

Comment

Working...
              X