Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who were more credible challengers at 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who were more credible challengers at 160?

everytime i make fun of hopkins for beating up on natural welterweights like tito and oscar , someone always brings up how hagler fought hearns , leonard and duran who started in lower weight classes themselves.

now who do you think were more credible challengers at 160? tito and oscar to bernard or leonard , duran and hearns to marvin?
    duran , leonard and hearns
    88.24%
    tito and oscar
    11.76%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Left Hook Tua; 08-10-2008, 09:33 AM.

ray leonard:

wbc and wba welterweight champion and wba junior middleweight champion BEFORE his fight with hagler.

wbc middleweight , wbc and wbo super middleweight and wbc light heavyweight champion AFTER his fight with hagler.

roberto duran:

wba and wbc lightweight , wbc welterweight and wba and wbc junior middleweight champion BEFORE his fight with hagler.

wbc middleweight champion AFTER his fight with hagler.

thomas hearns:

wba welterweight champion and wbc junior middleweight champion BEFORE his fight with hagler.

wbc junior middleweight , wbc middleweight , wbo and wbc super middleweight and wba and wbc light heavyweight champion AFTER his fight with hagler.

now we all know oscar and tito won numerous belts at weight classes below middleweight but how many belts did they win or even fight for at middleweight or higher AFTER they fought bernard?

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      everytime i make fun of hopkins for beating up on natural welterweights like tito and oscar , someone always brings up how hagler fought hearns , leonard and duran who started in lower weight classes himself.

now who do you think were more credible challengers at 160? tito and oscar to bernard or leonard , duran and hearns to marvin?
      Dude. Get the **** off Hopkins nutsack. You don't like him, great. Why go discrediting him at every oppertunity?

Oh btw, Duran, Leonard and Hearns. I mentioned it 1 time btw.

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
        Dude. Get the **** off Hopkins nutsack. You don't like him, great. Why go discrediting him at every oppertunity?

I still love you though Left Hook

Comment

why take so much offense , t-97?

i'm allowed to dislike him.

besides i'm not talking about just you. everyone brings up hearns and leonard for hagler when i mention bernard.

Comment

I still love you though Left Hook
            i know.

you're my buddy.

Comment

besides i'm not talking about just you. everyone brings up hearns and leonard for hagler when i mention bernard.
              Fair enough,

I'm just getting annoyed in general with all the Hopkins and Calzaghe hatred going around.

i know.

you're my buddy.

Comment

No comparison.

Comment

who should he have fought..?

Comment

I think all of them apart from DLH were credible opponents.

I know Duran was a lightweight but he had beaten Davey Moore prior to the Hagler fight in very impressive fashion so why not try to beat the best at middleweight as well? And Duran then went on to beat Iran Barkley at middleweight a few years later. His style allowed him to move up and be effective.

DLH's style really didn't allow him to be effective at middleweight.

Also, Hagler's era still was using the same day weigh in so it made the size difference a little smaller.
                    Last edited by Silencers; 08-10-2008, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X