Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kelly Pavlik/Bernard Hopkins: A Woman’s View…So Far

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

by exploiting her *** in every other sentence and writing some generic-ass article that offers no new insight into pavlik-hopkins this "read-my-article-cause-i-have-a-vagina" b.s. servers no purpose other than setting back every legitimate female sportswriter who actually knows what theyre talking about. whoever runs this site and allows this woman to post this trash either needs to find someone better or not let her write at all

amy if you want any respect try not apologizing every three words for being a woman, do your own research and write something thats not painfully obvious or hasnt been said 50 times. the author's *** is irrelvant to the quality of the article, and if you can't believe or accept that then find something else to do

Comment

Originally posted by agreen View Post
      It doesn't matter if I am hot or not, or if you think I need to stay in the kitchen. I predict Kelly Pavlik over Bernard Hopkins without benefit of reading any other editorial offerings, and ma not merely a fan but DO see qualities in him whcih will make him a winner, adn qualities in him that will make it a close and not easy fight. Don't fault me for a for an editorial view you may not entirely like or the style in which it's written. That being said, I appreciate your comments and as always, my goal is to inform as well as entertain.

A. Green.

Your goal should have been to write an article that would standout not because you are a woman, but because you are going to provide a unique viewpoint thats well written and interesting, your "female viewpoint" didint do any of the above.

This is EXACTLY why you should have stayed in the ****ing kitchen.

Comment

While some people are a little more disrespectful then necessary their opinion on the article is true. There isn't anything that separates this from anybody else's. The only difference is that a woman wrote it, which doesn't really mean anything when it comes to boxing. Focus more on the topic and what you've seen that makes you favor Pavlik and try to bring something unique to the article aside from your ***.

Comment

Hardly.....

Originally posted by Stormin' Norman View Post
          why would she bring up the fact that she's a woman...she's starting to remind me of hillary constantly bringing it up...yes, you are a female, we already know this, I mean, I don't know any dudes named Amy....goddamn, now, moving on...

her prediction on hopkins -pavlik matched the one in the fat friday mailbag, doesn't suprise me.

But I have seen worse...stick with it don't let everyone's opinion make you go out and get ****ed up tonight, or anything like that...because I have noticed everyone is saying they didn't like the article..

i wonder if she's hot.

HEY: I haven't even seen Fat Fri. Mailbag and wrote this and submited it sometime Tues. None of these opinions cause any worries because I knew in advance I'd get a load of crap for this submission....they're all humorous.

Comment

Them being humorous doesn't stop you from being a bad writer.

Comment

KITCHEN

Comment

Originally posted by agreen View Post
                I knew in advance I'd get a load of crap for this submission.
                No you did'nt. Don't try to make it sound like you knew this was going to happen. As if being made fun of was some plan of yours.

lol

Comment

I had Taylor by a point in the Pavlik rematch....at worst a draw. Pavlik is currently one of my favorite fighters, so I was happy he got the "W" after Taylor was handed two victories against Hopkins that I don't think he deserved.

Taylor was pretty much able to box Kelly effectively in their rematch, and I say that to say this - If Jermain Taylor can "outbox" Pavlik, then Bernard Hopkins sure as hell will be able to.

I don't give a **** about Hopkins age. I think Team Pavlik is seriously overlooking the task they have at hand, and Jack Loew seems eerily Trinidad Sr-esque in his outlook leading up to this fight.

Hopkins has been up against big punchers before (a prime Antwun Echols, a prime TitoTrinidad, a prime Joe Lipsey, Charles Brewer, etc.). Pavlik's style is so ****ing basic, that I really don't see him as much of a threat.

Keep in mind that al of Bernard's recent outings were against Southpaws (Wright, Tarver, Calzaghe etc.). He's a different fighter against righties.

I am not here denying that he is not the same guy as he was in his mid-late thirties, but his competition over the past few years has been against all top P4P guys, and he's beat them all, and taken VERY FEW shots in doing so. Nobody can claim dishing out as much while taking very little.

Yeah, the punches thrown may be anemic compared to some guys, but look at the punch connects. The connect percentage. He out landed Taylor in BOTH fights...Wright and Tarver too. He landed ALL the meaningful blows against Calzaghe...and most of the punches the aforementioned three opponents were credited with were nothing clean, and in the case of Calzaghe, damn near phantom-ish.

Joe Calzaghe was awarded some RIDICULOUS number of connects (something like 234 punches). Let me tell you something - DLH hit Forbes over 200 times, and Forbes face was a mess. Margarito landed on Cotto over 200 times, and Cotto was broken. Joe Calzaghe did NOT land 200 punches on Bernard Hopkins. I'd go as far to say he probably landed less than Hopkins, although I was not counting....but there was no need to anyway. I know what I saw. There is no way you get hit over 230 times and come out without a scratch. Sorry. Just no way.

That said, Joe Calzaghe is very well conditioned, and has busy hands (albeit an amateurish style, which was the way the last fight seemed to be scored). I mention this because Kelly Pavlik, while busy, is not as busy as Joe Cal. He's not throwing those loosey goosey slaps non stop. Kelly Pavlik has a very basic 1-2 style. He's heavy footed. Jack Loew (and Kelly, for that matter), act as if this is going to be an easy task, and all this talk of KO? How the **** can they even think KO? They need to be thinking connect, first. I just don't see it. Hopkins defense is way too complex for these guys.

Jack Loew is throwing around comparison's of this proposed bout to that of Margarito/Cotto, with Kelly being Margarito and Hopkins being Cotto. Couldn't DISAGREE more here. First of all, Hopkins and Pavlik are roughly the same size. There's no 5-6 inch height/reach advantage, and both guys can carry 160-175 easily. Secondly, Bernard Hopkins is a more complete fighter than Cotto. His defense is SURE a HELLUVA LOT BETTER than that of Miguel Cotto's, and Hopkins counters much more effectively when he makes you miss. His footwork is much more efficient too. As for comparing Kelly to Margarito, I would say Kelly probably is a bit heavier handed, but Margarito applies way more pressure, takes a better shot, and throws a helluva lot more.

Gentlemen, Hopkins vs. Pavlik is NOT Cotto vs. Margarito.

Boxing is a pure styles game. Hopkins has the style to beat Kelly Pavlik with relative ease, and in the process take little to no punishment. Whether he is penalized yet again for this proficient style is another story. I really just don't see Pavlik out boxing Hopkins OR stopping him.

I can see this being another Hopkins/Eastman type of outing, where Hopkins lands at will, and doesn't get hit. It could wind up like Hopkins/Trinidad depending if Kelly can withstand the punishment. Kelly has been in some fights (Taylor 2x's, Miranda). The saving grace for Pavlik in those fights where he was taking a helluva lot of fire is that he was also landing a helluva lot on his opponents, and they eventually succumbed to that. With Hopkins, Pavlik is going to be n the receiving end of a lot of clean punching, and landing very little.

I think Bernard takes him rather easily on points.

That's just my opinion.

We shall see.

Comment

^ agree, BUT i think Hopkins may be about 5 years too old to make use of his clear style advantage

i see a smiliar result to the Calzaghe match... Hopkins being the more effective of the two but tiring half-way through and being out-worked to a decision loss

Comment

^

I agree with both of the comments above. Though Calzaghe would argue he's a boxer in the true art (hitting your man without being tagged yourself) of the word, he didn't do any damage to Hopkins and the decision could have gone either way. And if B-Hop can keep going for one more fight, he could well score a KO on Pavlik or get a decision - Pavlik whilst heavy handed in his own division is not in the same league of busy-ness as Calzaghe and Hopkins may prove too awkward - if mother nature hasn't caught up with Bernard.

Comment

Working...
                      X