Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kelly Pavlik was a "slick boxer" in the amatures?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ferocity View Post
    celaya was supposed to be a great pro, didn't happen for some reason the success as an amature didn't happen as a pro but he made a name as a contender
    he was supposed to but never got there i guess.

Comment

I haven't seen his amateur fights but i know he does use allot of leverage in his straight right hands and his power has allot to do with that. He has more good solid punches but the straight right hand with all that leverage using his feet and upper body rotation to maximize it, is his money maker punch. No one is punching better in the division that's for sure.

Comment

That's weird that he just got power overnight so to speak. I like Kelly but I never thought I'd hear the words "Kelly Pavlik" and "slick boxer" in the same sentence unless you speak of an opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by abosworth View Post
          I like Kelly but I never thought I'd hear the words "Kelly Pavlik" and "slick boxer" in the same sentence unless you speak of an opponent.
          lol, same here. I read that and tried to picture in my head what that would look like and I started laughing hysterically. I pictured him bouncing around like Ali and **** and doing Pernell Whittaker defensive moves.

Comment

Originally posted by natas206 View Post
            I was reading a Ring Magazine interview with Pavlik and his trainer, they were saying he was a fast, slick boxer in the amatures with very little power. They actually thought because he had such little power, he probably wouldn't make it that far in the pros. Then, one day when Pavlik was 17 he said he started knocking people out in sparring. It literally happened over night. From there on out he knocked everyone out.

that's funny to me.
            Just like me. One day I woke up, my balls were bigger and saggier and my voice was much deeper.

True story. Fo real.

Seriously.

Comment

Working...
            X