Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Manny Pacquiao go threw Mayweather's 130-135 resume undefeated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wmute View Post
    see? that's the kind of stuff that comes out of nowhere. Why would Corrales not be "capable" of KOing pac? he was capable of koing anyone he hit... what makes pac indestructible at said weights? nothing, in fact, as someone pointed out, he felt morales punches and morales wasnt exactly stopping anyone at 130.
    I can't believe he wen't as far as to say that. Chico could have K.O'd Mayweather, just that Mayweather's footwork, speed and defense wouldn't allow it. Now Pac doesn't match Mayweather in any of that. Like I said Pac is easy to hit.

Comment

see? that's the kind of stuff that comes out of nowhere. Why would Corrales not be "capable" of KOing pac? he was capable of koing anyone he hit... what makes pac indestructible at said weights? nothing, in fact, as someone pointed out, he felt morales punches and morales wasnt exactly stopping anyone at 130.
      Pac got hit by a straight suckerpunch. Not just a suckerpunch but the hardest right hand barrera had landed in years and didnt go down. Pac has a kickboxing background and rolls his head with the punches. Thats why alotta times you see his head snap back and think he's hurt only to see him fire back and go on the offensive. Like i said....You're sleeping on manny's skills. The way to KO him would be by bodypunch which I dont think Castillo would have a chance to deliver. Chico can still go there from the outside hence why i think he'd be a tougher fight

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
        Pac got hit by a straight suckerpunch. Not just a suckerpunch but the hardest right hand barrera had landed in years and didnt go down. Pac has a kickboxing background and rolls his head with the punches. Thats why alotta times you see his head snap back and think he's hurt only to see him fire back and go on the offensive. Like i said....You're sleeping on manny's skills. The way to KO him would be by bodypunch which I dont think Castillo would have a chance to deliver. Chico can still go there from the outside hence why i think he'd be a tougher fight
        how do you know what you say in the bold? stop making **** up to make a point...

also, rolling your head with punches should be part of any boxers' background (although it is not widely taught anymore, and not really part of am training)

is lifting his hands in the air and taking a step back part of his kickboxing background?

it's not me sleeping on manny skills, it is you dreaming on manny's skills. he started having a right hand two years ago... and you are telling us he has some of the best skills in boxing.

Comment

how do you know what you say in the bold? stop making **** up to make a point...

also, rolling your head with punches should be part of any boxers' background (although it is not widely taught anymore, and not really part of am training)

is lifting his hands in the air and taking a step back part of his kickboxing background?

it's not me sleeping on manny skills, it is you dreaming on manny's skills. he started having a right hand two years ago... and you are telling us he has some of the best skills in boxing.
          Watch Pac Barrera 1 and tell me Pac only recently got a right hand. The problem with Pac had never been lack of skill. Its that 4awhile he fell in love with his power. In 7 fights with 3 future hall of famers count the number of times he was legitamately rocked??

Comment

Watch Pac Barrera 1 and tell me Pac only recently got a right hand. The problem with Pac had never been lack of skill. Its that 4awhile he fell in love with his power. In 7 fights with 3 future hall of famers count the number of times he was legitamately rocked??
            easily I will tell you pac was not using his right hand in a developed way until recently, it s been a slow process and it s been going on for a while.

EDIT: by developed way I mean setting up, upsetting rhythm and so on basically not just shooting it as a power punch

wrt the bold: I m not going into details of private conversations, but let's say that someone who knows more boxing than we do, and has been closer to pacman than we are, made me feel pretty comfortable of my assessment of pac's skills are not his best asset and are definitely the major improvement he made later in his career.

Morales 1 and Marquez 2 I saw him rocked, Corrales and Castillo are both on a different powere scale than the two I mentioned.

Comment

easily I will tell you pac was not using his right hand in a developed way until recently, it s been a slow process and it s been going on for a while.

EDIT: by developed way I mean setting up, upsetting rhythm and so on basically not just shooting it as a power punch

wrt the bold: I m not going into details of private conversations, but let's say that someone who knows more boxing than we do, and has been closer to pacman than we are, made me feel pretty comfortable of my assessment of pac's skills are not his best asset and are definitely the major improvement he made later in his career.

Morales 1 and Marquez 2 I saw him rocked, Corrales and Castillo are both on a different powere scale than the two I mentioned.
              Pac's main uses 4 his right hand until these 2recent years you speak of have been to dig to the body and as a measuring stick 4 the left. Not as a powerpunch. And thats only 2 moments in the last 5yrs you say he's been legitamately rocked

Comment

Pac's main uses 4 his right hand until these 2recent years you speak of have been to dig to the body and as a measuring stick 4 the left. Not as a powerpunch. And thats only 2 moments in the last 5yrs you say he's been legitamately rocked
                digging the body = not a powerpunch?? how so?

yeah he was rocked twice at 130 (EDIT: and those are just the times that i immediately rememeber), against (old) 126 fighters. That's not good for a 130 fighter.

Do you know how many stoppage wins do MAB, EM, and JMM combined have at 130? TWO and Espadas was a featherweight. Now compare with Corrales or Castillo at 130-135...
                Last edited by wmute; 08-01-2008, 08:35 PM.

Comment

digging the body = not a powerpunch?? how so?

yeah he was rocked ONLY twice at 130, against (old) 126 fighters. That's not good for a 130 fighter.

Do you know how many stoppage wins do MAB, EM, and JMM combined have at 130? TWO and Espadas was a featherweight. Now compare with Corrales or Castillo at 130-135...
                  So you're saying that because he got rocked twice in 5 fights by dudes who are undoubtedly better boxers than castillo or corales he will get knocked out 4 sure because no way is pac as talented as any of those 4 guys?? do you honestly believe that??

Comment

So you're saying that because he got rocked twice in 5 fights by dudes who are undoubtedly better boxers than castillo or corales he will get knocked out 4 sure because no way is pac as talented as any of those 4 guys?? do you honestly believe that??
                    No, you are the one who said Corrales and Castillo are not capable of KOing him. I never said anything about anyone stopping him for sure, go back and read my posts.

I said there is no way he beats castillo not that castillo knocks him out, and if he can take corrales power then he can win. You are the one making extreme statements about chins and powers...

Comment

• Originally posted by wmute View Post
                      No, you are the one who said Corrales and Castillo are not capable of KOing him. I never said anything about anyone stopping him for sure, go back and read my posts.

I said there is no way he beats castillo not that castillo knocks him out, and if he can take corrales power then he can win. You are the one making extreme statements about chins and powers...
                      Well in that case let me apologize and rephrase my statements. I didnt literally mean that they arent capable of KOing pac because obviously they are. I meant that if those fights ever happened they just definitely wouldn't be able to because pac is too good 4 that. El dominicano asked how pac would be able to beat either guy and i gave my take on how it would be possible. thats all

Comment

Working...
                      X