No announcement yet.

Epifanio Mendoza blasting Rubin Williams

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epifanio Mendoza blasting Rubin Williams

This guy has pulled off some good upsets, none yet that have been at the level that Lacy is. Could change tonight.

After Williams fought Jeff Lacy I thought he was a quality contender. The way he fights now just disappoints me. He fights like he's just waiting for the paycheck. Too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by oldgringo View Post
      After Williams fought Jeff Lacy I thought he was a quality contender. The way he fights now just disappoints me. He fights like he's just waiting for the paycheck. Too bad.
      Very disappointing, he seems to have nothing to offer as a fighter. TV is only exasperating the issue further by accepting him as an opponent. He should be barred from TV fights.

Comment

Originally posted by JournalSquare View Post
        Very disappointing, he seems to have nothing to offer as a fighter. TV is only exasperating the issue further by accepting him as an opponent. He should be barred from TV fights.
        I agree completely. No point in showing a guy who is there to take a beating. It's just strange to me because he fought pretty valiantly against Lacy, who was a pretty intimidating, intense fighter when he was coming up. The Henry fight was just brutal though...Williams snaps out a couple of jabs and turtles up letting Henry pound on him...sad.

Comment

I agree completely. No point in showing a guy who is there to take a beating. It's just strange to me because he fought pretty valiantly against Lacy, who was a pretty intimidating, intense fighter when he was coming up. The Henry fight was just brutal though...Williams snaps out a couple of jabs and turtles up letting Henry pound on him...sad.
          You know what they say, everyone is a better fighter when they're fighting for the title. If I'm a programming exec at FoxSports or ESPN2 and I'm looking to put on good fights on my airwaves, I'm not letting Rubin Williams anywhere near that card. He doesn't even try to fight anymore.

Comment

On another note, what's u p with these Columbian fellas having this raw ass punching power? Mendoza, Torres, Pantera, etc...maybe it's the coffee...

Comment

On another note, what's u p with these Columbian fellas having this raw ass punching power? Mendoza, Torres, Pantera, etc...maybe it's the coffee...
              Thats all they do though, is punch. They aren't being taught how to do anything else besides crank it.

Comment

isnt alejandro berrio a columbian? that guy brings the thunder, his knockout of robert stieglitz was quality.

Comment

Working...
                X