Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wins at 160, Paul Williams or Winky Wright??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wins at 160, Paul Williams or Winky Wright??

I think Paul Williams has a highly good chance of beating an inactive Winky Wright. People can't think an inactive Winky Wright poses the same skills as an active Winky Wright! I mean it will be a great fight but I think Winky will be kind of rusty especially if the bout is in September after a 1 year lay off.

I Highly doubt P.Williams gets a fight with the winner of Cotto/Margarito because they have their mind set on Oscar for the big chips. Paul Williams vs Winky Wright is very interesting bout an I high hope it gets made. Winky claims everyone is scared to fight him well Paul is up for the task so stop bitching about the money and take it.
    Paul Williams
    41.67%
    Winky Wright
    58.33%
    draw
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by sicklelee; 07-23-2008, 04:51 AM.

Winky was only inactive against Hopkins because it was Hopkins, he threw a lot of punches against Quartey but that was about 2 years ago so again, it depends on how much he has left.

Comment

If Wright still has at least a portion of his younger legs, then he should be able to beat Williams. Williams is used to having size advantage and he wouldn't have that against Winky, a guy that is use to being pushed around and taking punches from naturally bigger fighters. Wright is simply the better fighter with more ability. So i would bet on a Wright UD. If Winky is shot, then i could see Williams out working him to a decision, either way the fight is going the distance.
      Last edited by slicksouthpaw16; 07-23-2008, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Like I told Dweins..If Winky wasnt inactive, old and slowing down then he would UD Paul with ease....BUT.....This isnt the case Paul Williams will be wayyy too much for Winky at this stage in their careers...you dont just roll out of bed and fight 6-3ish, southpaws who hits hard, throws alot has a great chin and a guy who never gets tired.

Paul Williams might break a punchstat record on Winky....

Williams UD.

Comment

If Wright still has it in him then i'd pick him, but i don't know how he's going to fair coming back from his huge lay off.

Comment

Like everyone else has stated it depends on how much Winky has left. I think he still has some fight left in him.
            Last edited by Froch You; 07-23-2008, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Paul Williams punches like a ***** though and certainly doesn't hit hard.

Comment

I think Winky would win a close, but clear UD.

Williams would look good at times because of his workrate, but I think Winky would be able to block pretty much everything. On the other hand Williams is just too hittable, so I think Winky would land a lot of clean shots and that would give him the edge against the number of punchers Williams would throw.

Of course if Winky doesnt have the legs anymore, he might be too slow to get his shots off. But from what he has looked like against Hopkins, Id still pick him.

I just wanna see Williams stay at 147 though.

Comment

Winky is shot.

Comment

Originally posted by BEHEMOTH View Post
                    Winky is shot.
                    With that said, he'd still win.

Comment

Working...
                    X