Pavlik vs Calzaghe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melly-Mel View Post
    i hope kelly unifies.
    You mean at MW? Me too, then suddenly a fight with Joe Calzaghe becomes a lot more appealing and likely. Don't know how long it would take Kelly to unify though, and if Joe will still be around....

Comment

Originally posted by abadger View Post
      Imagine if he beat Pavlik in a year or so though man. Awesome.
      But he wont get any credit, ever.

Pavlik will just be another Lacy if he doesn't do anything between now and then (He's fighting Lockett and another bum after that).

Comment

Originally posted by abadger View Post
        Imagine if he beat Pavlik in a year or so though man. Awesome.
        I dunno mate, I think it's easy to say it would be great now, but I think a lot less Calzaghe fans will think so in a years time when he's fading, Pavliks rising.

Calzaghes would be what 38ish, whilst Pavlik would be much improved intelligence wise, perfect age, arguably prime. A year ago or now a risk worth taking so he can make some wins after if he loses. But potentially his last fight, oldest he's been, against one of the youngest, best all rounded and improved fighter out there (he would be imo) I'm not so sure. He could easily lose his 0, and possibly his last fight would be a loss.
        Last edited by Kris Silver; 05-23-2008, 07:42 AM.

Comment

I don't want Calzaght to fight Kelly after Jones, if he fights Kelly in his next fight then I'M ALL FOR IT.

But after? Too much risk. Calzaghe has admitted his game is dropping gradually and he is feeling the age in training and motivation.

Comment

It would take a serious downturn in Calzaghe's ability for him to lose to Pavlik. He's ready made for him.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
              I dunno mate, I think it's easy to say it would be great now, but I think a lot less Calzaghe fans will think so in a years time when he's fading, Pavliks rising.

Calzaghes would be what 38ish, whilst Pavlik would be much improved intelligence wise, perfect age, arguably prime. A year ago or now a risk worth taking so he can make some wins after if he loses. But potentially his last fight, oldest he's been, against one of the youngest, best all rounded and improved fighter out there (he would be imo) I'm not so sure. He could easily lose his 0, and possibly his last fight would be a loss.

I agree totally. It would be a huge risk, but I'm not averse.

Comment

Originally posted by _Ricky_ View Post
                I don't want Calzaght to fight Kelly after Jones, if he fights Kelly in his next fight then I'M ALL FOR IT.

But after? Too much risk. Calzaghe has admitted his game is dropping gradually and he is feeling the age in training and motivation.
                Blimey, not a major surprise, but a little for him to say such a thing openly, where was this? When a fighters motivation takes a knock it can be real bad, instantly makes me think of the Rocky line "you need that eye of the tiger" lol. I know he says he only gets motivated for big fights now so hopefully that'll kep his motivation high.

I have a Nuts mag interview of him just before the Kessler fight where he said Calzaghe now canes Calzaghe 5 years ago. Found that interesting considering his hands were better then, and his speed.

Comment

Working...
                X